Showcase chat...

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by samina, Apr 25, 2007.

1. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Woo-hoooo!!!!! Hot cha cha!
  2. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

Add me to the list of admirers. That was smokin'.
  3. etp777

etp777 Active Member

hahah, thanks everyone. One of judges even said (when presenting awards) that it was sexiest showcase yesterday. Course, I credit that to her.

Heh, and Sam, she missed the routine (has seen it on video now), but was wearing that tank top rest of afternoon as I didn't want to change into my dinner clothes yet, and was told I will be getting a new latin shirt to show off all the work I've done working out (current latin shirt is a bit big and loose now, comapred to when I bought it)
  4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Oh, and besides pro (new buddy teacher) making me look good there, have to give credit to Jesse Desoto again. He choreographed this one and my tango I posted a while back. He always makes me look good. :)
  5. DancinProf

DancinProf Member

Smokin'! And, y'know, you can get a new Latin shirt if they insist, but I think that tank top is a fiiiiiiiine choice.
  6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

hahaha, no, sticking with tank top for that routine, the new latin shirt is for my rhythm dances. :) She just happened to comment on it while I was wearing that tank top.

Heh, and thanks. :oops:
  7. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

8. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Nice etp! You've gots the moves. :cool:
  9. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Way to go etp! Loved your routine!!!
  10. Izzy20

Izzy20 New Member

wow... I just read this entire thread. lol. gotta love being home sick with nothing to do.

Great showcase etp! Also Samina and the others who posted their's they were great to watch!

I just decided to do a showcase in december. So far all I've done is decide I want to do it. My teacher told me to pick a few songs and bring them to my next lesson but I am so lost. I'm thinking rumba, mambo, or cha cha lol.

Also, how long had you guys been dancing before doing your first showcase? I've been dancing almost two years (with a long hiatus due to job issues) However, I had someone outside of dance tell me I shouldn't do the showcase because I am not ready and I will make a fool out of myself. I still really want to do the showcase but jeez some encouraging words!
  11. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Thanks Izzy,

And I didn't hit two year mark (including a 7 mo hiatus as part of those two years) until month AFTER I did my first showcase. SO ignore your friend and have fun!
  12. Izzy20

Izzy20 New Member

thanks! I think there were some ulterior motives with what was said but when confidence while dancing is something I'm struggling with comments like that don't really help.

Is anyone else working on showcases?
  13. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Izzy, studio showcases are usually nice because it's other studio dancers, friends and family that usually attend them. The environment in the ones I've participated in have been warm and supportive, hopefully yours will be the same.

Best of luck to you!
  14. Izzy20

Izzy20 New Member

thanks! I've done a few team matches at my studio and the atmosphere has always been great! I think most dancers are great people who seem to remember what it was like to still be a beginner.
  15. soshedances

soshedances Active Member

:shock: Wow! AWESOME! :rocker:
  16. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

thanks for posting your hot cha cha showcase etp, very hot, sexy and entertaining!
  17. etp777

etp777 Active Member

THanks guys. :)
  18. DancingShoes

DancingShoes New Member

Niiiicee etp! :cheers:
  19. Izzy20

Izzy20 New Member

Got the song and choreography today. I'm doing swing to cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood. Also found out my teacher has to leave for two weeks. :shock: so we're cramming in lessons around it.

The choreography pushes me as a dance both in the moves and pulling a bit of my sexier side out (she's been in hiding a long time)

so much to do so little time.
  20. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Good song choice. ANd nice choreography if it forces you to bring out sexy side, this is certainly first time Carrie's really gone all out in that respect, that video, wowsers! :)

I love a good current country song for swing too. I have a couple that I have on backburner for next time I need a showcase.

Oh, and thanks DancingShoes