Signed Up-Emerald Ball 2013

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by 3wishes, Apr 10, 2013.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

I'm dancing Smooth Silver Closed on that Thursday at Emerald Ball 2013, Open Scholarship, MultiDance and Best of the Best Silver Smooth. Say hi to me! Really, I don't bite,,,bark maybe,,,,no biting though. snicker. (and God help me to remember when the arms go vs the legs and feet vs what the brain is telling me to do...I have no illusions of grandeur, I just want to survive this, HA!).
    ;)
    debmc, latingal and Mr 4 styles like this.
  2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

good luck

ill be in town that weekend so ill try to stop in not there for the comp per se tho
  3. 3wishes

oh hey, that would be GREAT! LAWA (los angeles world airports was one of my previous responsibilities with the cadre of others of my type so I avoided Emerald Ball - as I continually had a sense of "going back to work on my day off" HA!)
    I'm also considering the Wednesday Int. Std Dance camp at Emerald since Anna Mikhed is conducting the morning session. (this lady was the total influence for me to dance standard after I saw her).
    Mr 4 styles likes this.
  4. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

I'll be doing Smooth Open Gold and Standard Gentleman Open Gold. My goal would be to make it past the first round.
    Mr 4 styles and 3wishes like this.
  5. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

I'm dancing closed bronze rhythm, smooth and standard Wed/Thurs/Fri, plus a couple of solos on Sunday morning. Would love to make a few connections in person!
    3wishes and Mr 4 styles like this.
  6. Mr 4 styles

what age??

* reconsidering so he can dance against Gorme*:eek:;):D
  7. Mr 4 styles

soooo wanted to dance pro am with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

A
  9. Mr 4 styles

whew i dodged a bullet there:D
    3wishes likes this.
  10. Mr 4 styles

I love emerald ball but the mrs doesnt :( dannnggiitttt
  11. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

The male students have to support each other. So we don't end up in the bottom of the placement ladder.
  12. Mr 4 styles

dude i am with you there !!! i dance in C but i will come if i can and yell for ya it does help i think!!
    Gorme likes this.
  13. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

we are dancing am/am s2 and s1 standard, and my partner is dancing the gentlemen events with his teacher
    3wishes likes this.
  14. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Good luck 3wishes!! Let us know how it goes :)
  15. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Well-Known Member

Will be there competing with 3 students.May also be doing some more of he Emerald interviews.Maybe we will interview some DFers as to why they like th comp.

Chris
  16. Mr 4 styles

damn damn damn damn

maybe next year:(
  17. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I've done Emerald before. Really enjoyed that comp. It is where I met 3 wishes!
  18. 3wishes

oh hey Chris, it's been a long time-no see (at least for me that is).
    My desire, other than surviving Emerald (snicker,smile), is to get pics with all other DF-ers.
    And yes, DebMc - That was fun, miss you!
  19. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Hope to see you on West Coast again soon, 3 wishes. I will be coming out to do Embassy...
    3wishes likes this.
  20. 3wishes

Sending you a PM Debmc.