skyfall...can I intl. ft. to that?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Jan 24, 2013.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

opinions?

2. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Errr.......no. Skyfall is a rumba, and a pretty sweet one at that.
    But you seem to want it.

smidra86 likes this.
  3. ajiboyet

4. kckc

kckc Active Member

Unless I am totally mis-remembering, which is entirely possible, my pro and his partner have been using it for bolero...

5. ajiboyet

There's also that...music for rumba and bolero can be cousins sometimes. But I definitely don't hear a FT.

6. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

I vote yes. If doing FT to a more-like-Bolero rhythm is good enough for William Pino, it's good enough for you.

7. I say yes you can but not at all easily. I think with some clever choreography and a bit of thinking its possible

8. fascination

I am hearing it....I know it is slow, but I am hearing it and I think I can feel it

9. The chorus I can very definitely hear its the verses that are a little more challenging but I think it is doable and would be beautiful if you could make it work

10. legato

legato Member

voting yes & yes :), i think it could work beautifully...

11. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Eh...I guess you could, but unless you have DJ software that can tweak the tempo a little it would sound too much like rumba/bolero to me. (Thinking on it there are an awful lot of rumba and/or bolero Bond themes....Diamonds are Forever, Moonraker, GoldenEye, Nobody Does It Better, License to Kill, You Only Live Twice, We Have All The Time in the World, All Time High, Tomorrow Never Dies....now, you want a challenge to do a 'serious' Bond showcase to a very dubious theme, how about is The Man With the Golden Gun a QS or ECS?)

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

The tempo is hitting at about 17.5 beats per measure which is slow even for a Rumba. As a Rumba I would classify it as "very slow for practice".

Slow Foxes by comparison are best at 28-29 beats per measure...26 or 27 can be gorgeous but I know from experience one would feel even that tempo in one's body if technique & ability to stay relaxed is still...evolving.

You might want to try speeding up the Skyfall tempo digitally and seeing how that feels. It's certainly a moving song whose spirit I would love for a Fox.

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

By comparison, that's a solid Rumba tempo at around 24.5 beats per measure. Gorgeous.

My concern with a 17-ish BPM is that it might look like the couple's stuck in mud while trying make it work for a Fox. It would challenge even a Pino, I'm sure. :)

14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Software can solve the tempo issue.

15. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

and make Adele sound like she sucked on some helium:)

smidra86, j_alexandra and ajiboyet like this.
  16. pruthe

pruthe Member

For a showcase? My opinion: I think music could work. Here's an even slower one at a show with Andrew/Charlotte.

17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Newp.

18. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

see it even happened to you!! use autoposttune next time;):D

19. fascination

thx Joseph (kissface emoticon)

20. leee

leee Active Member

Hey, this is a swell song! Someone should use it in a movie, I reckon, preferably over an opening credit sequence with silhouettes of sultry ladies.