Small Gifts from Students and Reciprocating

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by DanceMentor, Nov 17, 2013.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yep...expect nothing....you won't be disappointed :)

j_alexandra likes this.
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. I always try to remember that if I give, it is my decision to do so, and nothing should be expected in return.

j_alexandra and fascination like this.
  3. fascination

that is my thing..I do something because I want to...nothing more

Stagekat, chomsky and SwayWithMe like this.
  4. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

same here!

5. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I love your new pic!

6. fascination

thank you

7. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Active Member

a gift is a gift, from the heart, it is not a contract to expect something in return (a paraphrase of Dr. Joy)

8. s2k

s2k Well-Known Member

Other than holiday gift or his birthday (which have been group gifts from his other students), there have been two occasions where my pro/coach went out of his way/above and beyond for me, my dancing, and my emotional well-being. In return, I got him two small tokens of my esteem in appreciation of his going out of his way. Both were under $20 and were gifts to use with his wife, such as tickets to a movie he wanted to see. That's been the extent of my gift-giving.

chomsky likes this.
  9. Foxytrot

Foxytrot New Member

Thoughtfulness and sentimentality go a long way. When you're stuck for a gift idea, the best thing to do is write them a really thoughtful card or letter.. Gift cards for foot massages never hurt either.

10. OreganO

OreganO Member

I'm a fan of the thoughtful, preferably hand-made card. One of my coaches sent me a picture last month of her fridge. Covered in various cards I had made. :)

My team also has collegiate jackets and purchased one for our coach last year and a seat cushion the year before. I still like the cards more :)