Small Gifts from Students and Reciprocating

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by DanceMentor, Nov 17, 2013.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yep...expect nothing....you won't be disappointed :)
    j_alexandra likes this.
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. I always try to remember that if I give, it is my decision to do so, and nothing should be expected in return.
    j_alexandra and fascination like this.
  3. fascination

that is my thing..I do something because I want to...nothing more
    Stagekat, chomsky and SwayWithMe like this.
  4. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

same here!
  5. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I love your new pic!
  6. fascination

7. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Active Member

a gift is a gift, from the heart, it is not a contract to expect something in return (a paraphrase of Dr. Joy)
  8. s2k

s2k Active Member

Other than holiday gift or his birthday (which have been group gifts from his other students), there have been two occasions where my pro/coach went out of his way/above and beyond for me, my dancing, and my emotional well-being. In return, I got him two small tokens of my esteem in appreciation of his going out of his way. Both were under $20 and were gifts to use with his wife, such as tickets to a movie he wanted to see. That's been the extent of my gift-giving.
    chomsky likes this.
  9. Foxytrot

Foxytrot New Member

Thoughtfulness and sentimentality go a long way. When you're stuck for a gift idea, the best thing to do is write them a really thoughtful card or letter.. Gift cards for foot massages never hurt either.
  10. OreganO

OreganO Member

I'm a fan of the thoughtful, preferably hand-made card. One of my coaches sent me a picture last month of her fridge. Covered in various cards I had made. :)

My team also has collegiate jackets and purchased one for our coach last year and a seat cushion the year before. I still like the cards more :)