Smooth lectures on YouTube?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by dbk, Jul 18, 2013.

1. dbk

dbk Well-Known Member

I've found all sorts of high-level ballroom lectures available online, from grainy clips to entire channels full of official / professionally filmed videos. There's one problem - none of this exists for Smooth!

Anyone have recommendations? A favorite channel or video?
  2. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps I will start one from all the lectures I end up doing on weekends that I judge, or coach at studios...
    Leon Theou, debmc, dbk and 5 others like this.
  3. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

American Style Congress lectures are floating out there, but on pricy DVDs, not on Youtube, unfortunately.
    smidra86 likes this.
  4. suburbaknght

suburbaknght Well-Known Member

You can purchase each lecture individually from Dancevision's streaming site if there's one in particular you want to see. I can't recommend the Penatello's history of American style highly enough.
    j_alexandra and dbk like this.
  5. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Yes please... :)
  6. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

There are also snippets of the Dance Vision videos floating around on Youtube meant to draw you to the website to buy the full lectures, but even in the snippets, there's a lot of great choreographic, technical, and stylistic information. I'm currently making my way through this one:

JANATHOME and dbk like this.
  7. dbk

dbk Well-Known Member

Larinda, I would be head over heels if you did this!!!

Plus, I have no idea how Adsense works, but it could theoretically earn money?
  8. mjnemeth

mjnemeth Member

I have found this for standard Int. Most youtube vids of this seam to come from some sort of event. Try searching for something like ballroom,long
    The ,long says look for vids longer than 20 minutes. If Ive time I try a couple of search terms.