So You Think You Can Dance Season 10

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Yanou, May 14, 2013.

1. shava

shava Member

Loved Mark's choreography, have missed him but never "got" Comfort.

IndyLady likes this.
  2. leee

leee Active Member

How much actual rumba was in Hayley's number with Dmitry? The first 4+ measures look right, but after that it's harder for me to pick out -- but then, I don't know the follow's patterns.

3. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Oh good, it wasn't just me. "Where's the rumba?" :rolleyes:

4. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Well, it's over, except for the announcement of winners next week.
    Ballroom/Latin was for the most part underwhelming this season. It makes me wonder if the dancers can't handle it, or if the choreographers tell them to fake it, and they do so.... badly.

But otherwise, some spectacular performances last night.

5. bia

bia Well-Known Member

I agree on all counts. I think the ballroom/latin performances confirm that things like samba technique or standard/smooth frame just can't be learned in a week, no matter how good a dancer you are in other styles. I thought that a number of the ballroom/latin performances succeeded in looking nice, but only to the degree that the choreographers worked creatively with what the dancers could already do. I've become resigned to it, though, and it's not as if ballroom were the only style where this is the case. Unlike some previous years, I was impressed with a few of the latin dancers' solos (Alan's paso and Paul's samba(?) in particular). So hard to do a partner dance by yourself and make it engaging.

I watched more this season than I had in several years, and thought it was an excellent season on the girls' side. Nothing against the male finalists, but the guys' pool was weaker. I have no idea who's going to win, but I think they ended up with the right finalists, so it can't really go wrong.

6. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

aaron and amy to win

tho I want jasmine to win for the girls

7. leee

leee Active Member

You lied to me. :(

8. Mr 4 styles

my wife is still pizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzed about jasmine being in the finals but not hayley:(

9. leee

leee Active Member

TBH I thought Jasmine was gangbusters last week, so she justified her presence in the finale IMO, and would've liked Hayley to join her.

10. Mr 4 styles

I agree actually the mrs wanted Hayley and amy I felt they were too similar

besides I want jasmine to win so she can rub it in Glitch's ( cyrus) face!!

11. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Yes, well, this addressed in this How to video.