Soaring gas prices

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by lynn, Aug 9, 2005.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

wow...not getting that low here. I saw $3.87 today.

There is a piece on the news right now saying that Americans have driven 40 BILLION miles less since May...and that is the primary reason for the price reduction. An article in one of the Boston free papers today that says ridership on the subway/trains is way up.
  2. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Gas prices are falling rapidly. I've seen prices as low as $2.69 a gallon.
  3. tj

tj New Member

Wow, nice! It's $3.09 here, which isn't bad considering that we had the nation's highest prices just a few weeks ago (due to the hurricane shutting down refineries)
  4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Yeah, we were down to 3.09 at my regular station, down 10 cents just since 11 last night.
  5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I wonder how low gas prices will fall. Somehow, I doubt if the price will go too much below $2.50 a gallon. It would be a shock if it ever went below $2 a gallon.
  6. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

last night saw a beautiful new car by a top pro, well the monthly lease fee already $1400, gee...with the excessively expensive gasoline cost, will cost such a fortune:(

just don't see why people need car if living in NYC, if need car for travel/comp, rent a car for few days might be much better:)
  7. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Some people simply love cars, some think of them as a status symbol as in "You are what you drive".

I loved my BMWs because I love they way they handle but I drive a Honda now because I wanted to put my $$$ into other things and I don't really care what ppl think about my car.
  8. mamboqueen

Paid $2.98 the other day! Wish I could stockpile some....without worrying about burning down the neighborhood.
  9. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I paid $2.89 on Monday.
  10. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

a gas in here is around $2.30/gallon.

this is cheap. in europe is the same price but for a liter, not gallon. :confused:
  11. tj

tj New Member

A barrel of oil went below $70 today, so price is still dropping.

Anyone know the approximate conversion rate?
  12. mamboqueen

Do you mean for every dollar it drops, the price at the pump lowers $.0x?
  13. Me

Me New Member

There is a gas war in my town right now. It would be great if there weren't so many people lined up to fill up, blocking traffic. Gas at one place was $2.35 today, cash only.

I think the average gas price in my town right now is about $2.65. I hope the price keeps going lower and dips closer to what prices were several months ago. We need it.
  14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Did you also love their repair bills? :)
  15. tj

tj New Member

Yep. Was wondering what the ratio is.

I saw gas for $2.70 yesterday.
  16. mamboqueen

17. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I bought gas for $2.03 a gallon Saturday. By Sunday, the price had dropped to $1.98 a gallon.
  18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Maybe we should rename this thread! ;)
  19. QPO

QPO New Member

the price has been coming down our way also. but I wish they would keep it higher so it encourages people to use less, and the difference be put to environmental developments
  20. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Its called taxes. Taxes can actually be good for you...