Soaring gas prices

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by lynn, Aug 9, 2005.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yea...lol...soaring to a buck fifty here!!!!!

2. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

Gas in the UK becoming a little more affordable now - down to 90/91p a litre (from over a £1.00)

90p a litre = $1.32 = $5 a US gallon

To us the fact gas has come down is one "bright spot" in the current credit crunch .... which Im sure you'll find a little ironic :rolleyes:

3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

We've been up and down this week. It's currently at 99.5c/Litre, but earlier this week it got down to 95c/l.

4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Gas is $1.51 a gallon here.

5. etp777

etp777 Active Member

1.559 here this morning, which is good as I need to fill up (driving down to office this weekend uses a lot more gas than just driving to train station)

6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

...Thought I would re-visit this thread...gas prices are around $3.64 a gallon here...I have 40 cents a gallon off on the next fill-up at Giant Eagle...after that, I think I have 10 cents a gallon off on a couple of fill-ups at Kroger Turkey Hill...

7. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Wishing for these days again...

Petrol is now, at its highest, about $1.50/litre. The lowest it's been going has been maybe $1.25.

Which is...at its highest...about $5.70 a gallon? Maybe? Maths isn't my thing...

8. Gas prices just edged up to $3.85 per gallon of regular unleaded yesterday in my neck of the woods.

9. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

It's over $4 a gallon here now.........

10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

$3.67 is the highest I've seen. *sigh*

11. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

The studios where I take dance lessons are about 30 miles round trip. I take lessons 5 days a week so that adds up to a lot of gasoline.

I fear that gasoline could take so much of my budget I will have to cut down on lessons and other dancing.

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Gas is always cheaper in Texas.

13. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I drive up to the studio twice during weekdays, instead of three times like I used to do. One of those days is Friday, when I drive up after work. Generally I have a late afternoon lesson, and then I run errands to fill the time before the evening party. It makes for a long day, sometimes, before I finally get home.

Not related to dancing, but I combine trips on the weekend - i.e. gym, grocery shopping, and other errands - to save gas.

14. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Yep, it's been over $4 here for a while now.

15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Good for you! :)

16. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Saw gas over $4/gal for the first time around these parts. $4.05. Ouch. This.blows.

17. pygmalion

Down a few cents yesterday. Really? Only $3.64 instead of $3.67. That really relieves the pocketbook. *sarcastic*

18. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

$4.15 at BP. $4.09 most other places. Mobil was $3.99 but that might have required buying a wash.

19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

cheapest in two twons today was 3.98. I'll wait a bit. :)

20. pygmalion

What gets me is that the oil that was refined to make this $4 a gallon gasoline probably cost $72 a barrel, as opposed to $100-plus. The prices we're paying are based on the futures market.

*grumble* Anybody besides me expecting to see another record-breaking year of profits for the big oil companies? And small ones, too, come to think of it. I have a friend who's an exec at a relatively small company in that industry, and he says that they can't pump oil fast enough. They're making money hand-over-fist.

*grumble*