Some of my favourite swing clips

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Siggav, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Siggav

Siggav Moderator Staff Member

Ive not added one in a while. Here's Adamo and Vicci being amazing with a show case at the London swing festival. They came in 3rd which is pretty cool for a blues showcase at a mostly lindy event (the showcases aren't restricted to just lindy by the rules obviously but there is always a bias for that since that's the focus of the event)

2. leee

leee Active Member

I'm sure the Frankie 100 Hellzapoppin Contest has made the rounds, but if not, here it is. The ending is perhaps my favorite, for non-Lindy reasons.

3. Siggav

I hadn't seen that, thanks for sharing, that's amazing but ooof Im exhausted just watching that

4. leee

leee Active Member

I was at a workshop where the DecaVitas (the female couple) taught, and when I told them how much I loved their performances in the contest, they mentioned that they thought they were just going to do 8 swingouts for the last part of the contest, and so they put their all into the swingouts. Of course, when it turned out to be a full song, they were beyond tired. See also their interview here.

5. Siggav

An absolutely lovely slow or medium tempo lindy clip. So much of the really world class lindy hoppers on video is all faster tempos but I really love dancing the slower ones and it's nice to see a really good clip of it.

6. leee

leee Active Member

I give this a D-...

... because it's D-Lightful.

7. bookish

bookish Active Member

The first time I watched this, it just had so much stuff that I hadn't seen in Lindy before. Good Lindy hoppers really do have very different styles, if it seems a bit homogenous sometimes it's just because a few pros consistently draw most of the attention.