Song Title Identification Thread

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by opendoor, May 6, 2012.

1. jfm

jfm Active Member

What happened to Wadpro's post asking about that milonga? I want to know what it is too!!!

2. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

It should be back now. It was deleted by accident when someone was cleaning up spam.

3. jfm

jfm Active Member

Thanks larinda, except the link has been removed and without it you can't hear the song... so no one can tell us what it is! Any way of bringing it back?

4. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

5. Andreas Wichter

Andreas Wichter New Member

It is "Mi Vieja Linda" by Emilio Pellejero, to be found on the Uruguayan Sondor label.

6. wadpro

wadpro Member

Many many thanks for your help Andreas!!!! :)))))

7. london-girl

london-girl New Member

Yes - that is the one - I googled it

8. disneytoy

disneytoy New Member

Diego "El Pajaro" Riemer and Maria Belen Giachello, 5-5, Planetango 10

youtube com/watch?v=hYTeWx18B4c (sorry, the forum wont let me post the URL)

Sounds very familar, but I want this version? Any thoughts?

9. UKDancer

UKDancer Well-Known Member

Its Milonga del Novecientos by Francisco Canaro con Ernesto Famá, 1933.

bordertangoman likes this.
  10. jimbo

jimbo New Member

hello

i'm looking for the title of a tango tune danced in a movie starring Kim Novak,James Garner and Tony Randal.
    The tune is heard in a scene with Novak and Randal,where they dance a,from what i understand, is a tango,but i i'm no expert.i think its a tango.I tried movie sites,but nobody knows because the tune is not credited.The music in the movie is by songwriter -arranger FrankDeVol.Does anyone have any idea where i can get info about that tune?maybe someone expert in tangos?

11. UKDancer

This is the film, but I don't know much about it, or the 'tango' - sorry.

12. jimbo

jimbo New Member

thanks for your answer.As you can see in the clip at 1.08 Randal is dancing with Novak.There is a tango tune playing.Do you have any idea,who would know what tune is it?Is there a site of tango experts?i mean i have the clip with the tune in Mpeg and mp3 do you think anyone would recognize the music?

13. Yogur griego

Yogur griego Member

I really want to help you out, but all I hear at 1:08 in that video is a rather random, undefined fifties Hollywood film song.

14. jimbo

jimbo New Member

thanks for trying to help.No,i didt mean the above clip.I have the clip,its a couple minutes.If you know about tangos,i can send it you in mp3 its only 2.5mb.

i have it uploaded at mediafire,but i cant post a link because i dont have 10 messages here yet.It doesnt let me give the link.

bordertangoman likes this.
  15. UKDancer

You can sort-of post a link. Just put a space in the URL, and while it won't appear as a clickable link, anyone can identify the intended address and navigate to it anyway. If it's a legitimate link (not spam), some established member will usually repost the link for you anyway.

16. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

the movie is Boys night out

17. jimbo

jimbo New Member

thanks for the idea

mediafire-com/?e7eeahrsagc0565#!

its a couple minutes from the movie in mp3,there are the voices of the actors but the tune is easily recognizable for anyone who knows what it is.

18. UKDancer

It's certainly tango - but the arrangement is of the strict-tempo ballroom type. I don't recognise the tune, but it may have been composed for the film, of course.

jimbo likes this.
  19. jimbo

jimbo New Member

thanks.The guy who did the music for the film, Frank DeVol is well known for making arrangements for famous tunes,so i thought it may be such a a case.But it also may be an original score.

20. UKDancer

Well it several times is nearly Hernando's Hideaway, but never quite gets there - but perhaps someone else will recognise it.