steps you hate...and why

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Mar 16, 2007.

1. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Yes, you are funny. :roll:
  2. I still don't know what the feather is...although I really like the one you posted :)
  3. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

4. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

It's one of steps in Foxtrot.

Watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyUi8e_kkhA
  5. Haha yeah, that IS probably equivalent to the Rumba walks....looks easy as a piece of cake but will probably be practicing it for the rest of your life.....hmmm, yes then I guess I'll jump on the band-wagon to hate that step hehe :)
  6. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

7. Terpsichorean Clod

:hug: Welcome aboard!
  8. Terpsichorean Clod

Possibly, if it doesn't confuse me too much when looking for my posts. Do you think I should keep it? :)
  9. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Yes, I recommend you keep it. I love the picture too. Very fresh and we will blow it and you can fly.....:banana:
  10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

keep it!
  11. Terpsichorean Clod

Thanks, dlgodud, samina! I'll keep it, then. :D
    That's the closest I'm going to get to body flight... ;)
  12. Yeah I vote for keeping it too...smth about the colours...just made my day better :)
  13. Angel HI

Angel HI Active Member

It's a step taken/danced outside partner.
  14. Angel HI

Angel HI Active Member

It actually was never intended to be a step. The "pinwheel" was to be danced as you see it, but opened (with the arms out). When teaching it, students would have a difficult time dancing completely behind the partner. The tap of the front partner's shoulder was a teaching technique to help the student to make sure that he/she was completely in position. After one learns the movement, the tap should be dropped. Unfortunately, well, we know the catastrophe that happens...... :D :confused: :doh:
  15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

That is very cool to learn, Angel. Thanks for that...I'll never tap again! LoL
  16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

all merengue...ew...unless on a crusise ship w/a fruity drink...mercifully pro has now accepted this
  17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

currently; rope spin is still a pattern from hell, primarily the spiral and the step coming out of it...hate hate hate...and at this moment all of intl FT and waltz...these things change...but right now...there it is
  18. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

this week it's the natural turn in slow fox.....and whisk in waltz.

Ppppbbbttthhh!
  19. foxtrot

foxtrot New Member

samba : voltas - due to change in rhythm
    rumba: cuban rocks - dunno why, probably because it seems too obvious a demonstration of hip movement.
  20. waltzguy

waltzguy Active Member

Sorry to hear about all the trouble in foxtrot and waltz from multiple of you out there.