Steve Hevenor dies at Killick Klassik

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by dance234, Aug 19, 2012.

1. dance234

dance234 New Member

From Dancebeat.com:

We regret to confirm that pro competitor Steven Hevenor died last night. Steven collapsed in the last dance of the RS Smooth final at the Killick Klassic in Palm Beach and never regained consciousness. The remaining events of the evening were canceled and rescheduled for Saturday morning. All our thoughts are with his family and friends.

2. Akita

Akita Active Member

So sad. He introduced us to Standard and was the first real instructor we had. Dani and he were also our friends. I'm so sorry.

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

My deepest sympathy to the people whose lives he touched.

4. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Just heard of this, can't believe! My deepest sympathy to him and his family!

5. paintanker

paintanker Member

I don't know/know of him at all, but wow, that's dedication, to push yourself all the way, and collapse on the dance floor instead of ducking out early or sitting down.

It must truly be a loss for the ballroom community.

6. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

In dance we call it light and shade. Without it there would be no value, no meaning. The meaning and value Steve added to my life during our 10 years together is immeasurable. And the pain in my heart is not any less because of our distance for the past few years. The darkness is only lessened by the brightness of my friends, loves, and the life around me. Thank you to those who have reached out, bringing me your light. And I Thank You, Steve, for one wild ride. Rest In Peace Cowboy.

7. JodiD

JodiD Member

Dis anyone attempt any CPR at all, or did they stand by and watch him die?

8. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Larinda, you have my sympathy.

9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Beautifully said, Larinda.

10. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

11. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

CPR doesn't necessarily help. That's how my husband died - he just collapsed out of blue and was gone within minutes. Major heart attack.

12. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

This is true. My dad's best friend died two years ago under similar circumstances. My mom performed CPR until the paramedics arrived but she said she knew he was already gone.

My sympathies to those who knew Steve. This is just awful.

13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

right...and, this is just not the time or the place to raise the inquiry...

14. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

15. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

Beautiful video. My deepest sympathies.

16. Taita

Taita New Member

Having had the pleasure of once meeting both of you, very graciously stated Larinda. You have my condolences.

17. freeageless

freeageless Active Member

I agree. I have been reading the prior posts and thinking the same thing. My condolences go to Larinda and the members of his family.

18. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Its always tragic to lose somebody, especially when they are young and it is unexpected. My condolences to those affected by this loss.

19. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

Oh, my god. Larinda, I am so sorry for your loss. I know that you and Steve were more recently estranged, but this must be absolutely shocking to you, still.

My condolences to any other loved ones out there.

20. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Larinda, heartfelt sympathies.

I had the pleasure of watching Steven and his lovely partner compete just three weeks ago. I loved their dancing and was so sorry to hear of this tragedy. Truly a loss for the dance community. Thoughts and prayers to his family, friends, and his partner.