Steve Hevenor dies at Killick Klassik

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by dance234, Aug 19, 2012.

1. CPR = Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation - which is misnamed, it doesn't actually resuscitate the individual in most cases, it is to preserve brain and heart function...to prevent tissue death, it is difficult to do, it requires 100 deep chest compressions per minute, it is used until something can be done to restart the heart (this depends on the damage (to the heart) of course)

what is much more helpful while chest compressions are being done (properly of course - which is not commonly done) is preparation and initiation of an AED - which is now being used to save many many lives, in fact most larger or better hotels, health clubs, public places have an AED...so was AED attempted?
  2. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I have NO DOUBT that everything that could be done, was being done, to prevent this tragedy based on the skills and knowledge of the individuals that had the misfortune of having to experience this in person.

My sympathies to his friends and family and to my friends on DF.
  3. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Again, it's not the place or time for such inquiries.
  4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

As so sorry to hear this sad news... My condolences and sympathy to all whose lives were touched by him.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

we are going to let the governing bodies and the organizers of that comp deal with protocol on this issue...we are not going to put this case under a microscope here... as a practical note...most public businesses like hotels are required by law to have an AED, whether or not the organizers themselves had one or not.... it was likely that one would be present in most any hotel...and it would be easy enough for folks entering a hotel to inquire about the location...most of us trained in cpr are trained to call for one and how to use one and to note where one is in any public domain where we have concern that one might be needed....I am certain that this will serve as a motivation for that sort of oversight ... probing here beyond that is not serving useful purpose
  6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Not to mention that it could very well be profoundly painful for the people who are members of this forum, who are suffering terrible loss right now, to witness such conversation.

Have there been any announcements of where one might send donations and/or flowers?
  7. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

Will you post if there is a memorial service, not the family's, but from the ballroom community?
  8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

9. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Sunday August 26 at Steps In Time Dance Studio in Canton CT
  10. chachachikka

chachachikka New Member

11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Tom and Mendy Langford asked me to pass along their sympathies, as well as everyone at Rocket City. We're still stunned. Steve was younger than me. Wow.
  12. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

This is awful to read! My condolences and prayers for those who loved him and whose lives he touched. My sympathies to you, Larinda!
  13. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

So sad to hear this :( My deepest sympathies to Steve's family and friends.
  14. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Larinda, my condolences and prayers for those who loved him, the lives he touched. May the memories he made with his family, his extended family and everyone whose path crossed his bring warmth, smiles and laughter of the heart.
  15. queencailin

queencailin New Member

you will be missed

I always enjoyed our time competing side by side, joking in line, or relaxing in the lounge. What a talented man. You will be sorely missed. My prayers to your family and beautiful partners. Love to you, Larinda.
    Colleen Royal
  16. Dupont

Dupont Member

Wherever he is now, I am sure he wouldn't like the suggestion to rest. He might like the peace, though.
  17. chachachikka

chachachikka New Member

Please feel free to share your comments, memories, stories, "steve-isms", and pictures on StephenHevenorTributes.com

StephenHevenorScholarshipFund.com