Studio Floor Rental Rates

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by DanceMentor, Jun 27, 2013.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

We had a conversation about private lesson rates, but what about the cost of renting the floor for private lessons or practice?

Here are some recent deals I've seen in California (each line is different studio)
    1. $10/hour for practice, $15/hr for private lessons, $120/month for unlimited practice, teach 5 or more lessons per week and practice free.
    2. $8/hour for practice or private lessons in the Chinese studio
    3. $10/hour for practice and free for teachers to practice
    4. $10/hour for practice or privates.

In general, California has seemed quite cheap for floor rental compared to some other places I've been.
  2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

At our studio, it's $10 per hour for practice, $20 for a lesson with a visiting coach. When taking from a studio instructor, floor is free. For about $120 per month you can buy a "membership" which gets you unlimited practice anytime there isn't a scheduled event in progress, plus other goodies like free admission to Friday night parties and regular group classes, and discounts on some other things like workshop fees.
  3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Teaching Floor Fee Rates I regularly encounter

In Boston:
    $18 for 45 minutes
    $15 for 45 minutes
    $12 for 45 minutes

In Missouri:
    $20 an hour
    $17 an hour
    $15 an hour
  4. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

UK is very expensive.. anywhere from $12 ( very un usual ) to London rates at $30 and up. Provincial towns, generally $ 22 per hr .
  5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

$15/hr per couple.
  6. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

$5/hour per individual or $35 individual/month unlimited pass!!! I'll definitely be taking advantage of that now that I'm graduated and all my free space in Chicago is no longer available to me....
  7. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

For practice: $10 per hour or $60 a month for unlimited practice when the floor is free.
    stash likes this.
  8. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Can the areas your are telling about be identified? It make a difference to know where you are...
  9. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

That's a good deal!
  10. 5678dance

5678dance Active Member

In New England, most of the rates I've come across are pretty much the same as already mentioned in this thread... $10-15 for an hour practice, $100+ for a month's "membership." The best deal I've seen in the area, though, is a studio that has an annual membership rate- $200 unlimited practice for the year (per person, though, not per couple), and it's only $150 if you're renewing for next year. And the space is comparable to other studios that have close to the same price, except per month. It was an obvious choice for me :)
  11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

20 an hour for practice in az
  12. LT

LT Member

We take a different approach... $109 per month for membership at a gym, which has a large enough yoga/dance floor for our use. We usually have the floor to ourselves... and of course we have access to all the other facilities...
    Sania likes this.
  13. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Ummm where is this? This is amazing!
  14. slhull.13

slhull.13 Active Member

my studio offers unlimited practice time/space simply for taking lessons with the coach.
    I know, I'm spoiled ;)
    letsdance101 likes this.
  15. letsdance101

letsdance101 Active Member

My studio doesn't charge for practicing :) as long as the studio is open and there is room on the floor, you can go right on ahead
    latingal and slhull.13 like this.