Studio interview questions

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by nimmity, May 18, 2010.

1. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Just like that!!!

When I first started the owner thought I had really low self esteem. I kept saying "I can't teach the bolero class... I don't know bolero!!" Then he sat in on one of my classes and realized I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW bolero, even though I followed him beautifully when he told me what patterns he wanted taught. He got busy with me in Dance Session the very next day.

And whether or not they require you to be certified in a certain time-frame... I would hope that you do it anyway.
  2. suburbaknght

suburbaknght Well-Known Member

Congratulations!
  3. nimmity

nimmity New Member

I now have another offer from a franchise studio but really wish I coud combine the two into my ideal studio!
    I want the location, staff, students (and money) of the independent but with the training, support structure and wider network of the franchise!
  4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

No place will be perfect, but I think I'd go for the independent if I were you. The people are always teh first thing that make a great studio, at least in my mind. And sounds like you like the students AND the pros at the independent studio. But give it thought. And talk to the owners about training, like Larinda said. I suspect they'll be happy that you want to be trained and improve, as it helps you, helps them, helps the students, etc.
  5. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

I know you mentioned this so I'm sure you have it covered, but you should also speak to both and see if either has experience with sponsoring visas. Its important for them to understand what the process means and if they've done it in the past it may just make things smoother for you.

Congrats :)