Survey about dancing

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Mizaro, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Mizaro

Mizaro New Member

Please answer the survey sincerely.
    Mark the Answer in RED please.

Questionnaire
    1. Gender: Female \Male

2. Do you dance? (Professionally or as a sport/ a hobby)
    • Yes.
    • No.
    • Used to dance.
    • I would like to learn how to dance.

3. Which style of dancing is more appealing to you?
    • Modern types of dancing because of the cool extreme moves and the unlimited possibilities of movement.
    • Classic types of dancing because of the clean technic and the glorious costumes.
    • I like both styles same way.
    • I like the movement of one style and the costumes of another.

4. Do you think that the stereotype of "dancing is for girls" still exists?
    • Yes.
    • No.
    • Only for the modern styles of dancing such as Hip Hop and Jazz.
    • Only for the classic styles of dancing such as Ballroom dancing and Ballet.

5. Do you believe that a dance can express and show real feelings or thoughts?
    • Yes.
    • No.
    • Only for the modern styles of dancing.
    • Only for the classic styles of dancing.

6. Are you uncomfortable with some styles of dancing?
    • Yes. I'm not comfortable with the "extreme" forms of this art.
    • Yes. With too brutal modern styles, for example: brutal Hip hop.
    • Yes. With too close \ old and “mechanic” classic style.
    • No. I’m fine with all the different styles of this art.

7. Which one from the following describes best your perception of dancing?
    • A hobby.
    • An art.
    • A profession.
    • A sport.

8. Do you think some styles will become irrelevant or even will disappear from the world?
    • No this art, with its’ all different styles, is internal.
    • Yes this art will disappear completely.
    • Yes the classic ones, they are too limiting and old-fashioned.
    • Yes the modern ones, they are too rebellious and “rough”.

9. Do you see dancing as a sport?
    • No.
    • Yes.
    • Yes, only the modern styles of dancing.
    • Yes, only the classic styles of dancing.

10. What in your opinion will happen to dancing as a sport? Please explain___________________________________.
    What in your opinion will happen to dancing as an art? Please explain___________________________________.
  2. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Hi Mizaro, welcome! Would you like to tell me/us a little bit bout your survey, first? What is your interest. Are you a professional dancer, or teacher? And I would change the order of 3. and 4. because otherwise it is not clear what you mean with classical and modern (these are not proper definitions). No 2 is an "OR" question, that troubles, too.

all the best
    od
  3. Mizaro

Mizaro New Member

Sorry I did not introduced myself before.
    I'm student. I was a ballroom dancer. I'm doing now a project about dancing for that is going to me the final project too. I need your help, please answer this survey.
  4. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Sorry Mizaro, I take no pleasure in filling out this survey: Your questions are not inspiring, somehow unprecise, and there is such a constructed thinking in two halves between the lines. So didn´t anyone help you in drafting? Think it should be renewed.
  5. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

After reading the survey I'm not sure what is meant by modern and classic dances. Therefore most of the questions make no sense.
  6. dbk

dbk Well-Known Member

I don't understand... "modern" and "classical"? Ballroom is sort of both, and neither. Are you sure you're looking for ballroom dancers to complete your survey?
  7. freeageless

freeageless Active Member

I agree with the comments made by rbazsz, and the other posters. I too do not understand your questions. You seem to be making assumptions in your questions that in and of themselves are debatable.
  8. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

At first, I was going to go through the survey question by question, but almost all of my responses would have been either "huh?" or offering my own answer that would be nothing like any you provided.

Dance is a broad subject and I suspect that your poll reflects the particular specialized part of dance that you are involved in, but which many/most of us are not. I suspect that you are more involved with performance dance, which I understand can be separated into jazz ("modern") and ballet ("classical") -- please pardon my ignorance here -- , whereas I and many here are more involved in social partner dancing ... even though those involved in ballroom also tend to be involved in ballroom competition dancing.

As such, your questions do not make sense to us, while the kinds of questions that would make sense to us would probably be infathomable to you. Perhaps a little more information about your own dance background would allow your questions to make more sense to us, even though you wouldn't be much more likely to receive any answers.

PS
    Oops, didn't see your saying that you're a ballroom dancer. Hmm. Still, your survey questions were short on explanation; eg, what is meant by "modern" and "classic". And do you consider social dances outside of ballroom? Like native forms of tango, cha-cha, West Coast Swing, etc before reformed by ballroom? (sorry, pet peeve about ballroom there)