Sweating while dancing

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by kdogg, Jul 16, 2005.

1. luh

luh Active Member

i never considered dark a choice when going out to dance. very light colors. if you take dark ones, they will heat up faster, and the really dark spots you have don't look very neat.
    luh

2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Dark colors heat up faster when outside in the sun, but not inside under artificial lighting. Dark colors in COTTON show sweat, in synthetics they do not. Check it out folks- why do all athletes wear synthetic materials when they do sports? Because they wick away sweat they dry quickly.

3. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

One problem with those synthetic sport shirts is that the material wicks away sweat from inside to *outside* -- where your partner touches. I don't think it's a good choice for dancers who sweat a lot, since it gives you a false sense of dryness while your partner gets the full effect of your perspiration :x. With cotton, you know when you are sweaty :roll: :lol:.

4. Josh

Josh Active Member

Am I the only one who actually *enjoys* a good sweaty dance? :wink:

I wouldn't consider something like the dri-fit shirts ... they're for sports, work very well too, but to me dancing calls for a little more than a t-shirt unless maybe it's a fitted solid black paired with some sweet pants.

Another thing to help you sweat-prone folks (actually I tend to sweat easily too) is to wear light pants. Don't wear jeans, and wear super light wool or cotton pants.

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

:shock:

You are...

6. Josh

Josh Active Member

I don't mean dripping sweat all over everything, just working up a good sweat...!

7. gte692h

gte692h Member

i always wear an inner shirt (usually, those white undershirts you can get from Fruit of the Loom, or Haynes - they should be in any Walmart, etc) and on top of that, I wear my dress shirts.
    I rarely have problems then, because all of the sweat is absorbed on the inside. Of course, every few songs, I'm in the restroom drying off, if I have to.
    The only aspect of my dancing that I change if the venue is really hot and sweaty, is that I don't style the moves that bring the woman's hands near my neck, or any other part of me that's sweating. usually, i can tell if they cringe or not ;)

8. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

It's a good thing - very good.

9. Sagitta

Okay, noted in my litle black book. :wink: :)

10. kdogg

kdogg New Member

You've a black book? :eek: What else do you've in there?

11. salsalawyer

salsalawyer New Member

we in the middle of a heat wave here!!

So this topic is right on time!

12. Sagitta

Yup. Heat index is 93 right now where I am working!! :cry:

13. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Nope! I love a good, sweaty dance, too! 8)

14. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi salsalawyer! Heat wave here, too. High of 95 to 100 every single day for several weeks past and the foreseeable future. I'm loving it! :D

And whether or not I enjoy a sweaty dance depends on the partner. What can I say? :lol: :lol:

15. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

97 here today, humidity like 97%. UGH! According to the news, people are dropping like flies from heat exhaustion.

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yepper. 4:20 AM, and the temp's at about the daily low -- 81F. Nice time for a walk, if not for the mosquitoes. :roll: :lol:

17. luh

luh Active Member

so it's a more honest shirt? :lol:
    luh

18. luh

luh Active Member

lol,
    Though, - at least you know you did something :lol:
    The most icky thing is sweating, and than going outside, where it is like -10 fahrenheit. that is not good for the back either. (or in a cold train, (every week the same)).
    luh

19. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

My synthetic fabrics dry off while I am sitting down, having a breather. They never get wet outside where my partner would feel it! If I am dripping with sweat, I prefer to sit one out, towel off and have some cold water.

20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

In the winter, I always bring a change of clothes. I sometimes want to get the last dance in, so I am all sweaty when the place is closing, with no time to dry off. If this is impossible, I just towel off and get that coat on ASAP.