Sweating while dancing

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by kdogg, Jul 16, 2005.

1. kdogg

kdogg New Member

Sorry, I don't buy this story. Although it seems to make sense, it's the other way around. I grew up in a fairly cold country so I can't stand the heat without sweating a bunch; and it gets worse when I'm physically active. I've some friends who come from a hot and humid parts of world and they don't seem to sweat much, but they can't tolerate cold.

2. kdogg

kdogg New Member

I'm a vegetarian so I can easily smell meat from the sweaty dancers if they haven't put on deodorant.

3. kdogg

kdogg New Member

May be you've gotten too used to his smell.

4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Thespina- take a trip to Prague and you will see what I mean. Maybe the men there don't believe in deodorant or do not bathe frequently. The women didn't smell at all.

Macmoto said something about sweat & growing up in a humid country. In very humid Japan, China, Thailand and the other SE Asian countries I have visited, the people HARDLY sweat at all! It's amazing. Us fair-skinned foreigners are soaking T-shirts and they don't even have a drop of sweat on their brows! :?

5. thespina

thespina New Member

Hee hee. I should tell him that. "Sweety, I don't think you smell, but it could just be that I'm too used to you. Honestly, you probably stink."

And yes, I have noticed a difference in nationalities. I do know that the Inuit up north don't sweat very much either. That's a survival thing. If they were to sweat much, they'd have a hard time keeping warm. The also have more blood vessels in their faces per square inch than any other race, in order to absorb more vitD with limited skin exposure to the sun. Dressed up in all those parkas, looks like nature took care of the rest! Wow. Now there was a tangent.

6. luh

luh Active Member

cocodrilo, maybe you really want to investigate a little further and write the book. ;)
    Seems way more complicate than i thought it would be. The thing with the food - i can imagine that pretty well. So - no more meat before tonight ;)
    luh

7. thespina

thespina New Member

You know Itold my husband about this thread and he actually said "no, I think I stink a lot when I eat GREASE. Then it's naaaasty." Could this be the difference? The amount of animal fat in a diet?

8. luh

luh Active Member

try it out.:D
    luh

9. Josh

Josh Active Member

All this talk about grease and fat and sweat and stink and, did I mention grease, makes me feel sort of gross.

Sweat == ok. Grease and fat == gross. :?

10. thespina

thespina New Member

You're completely right. What a bizarre and somewhat unpleasant turn the topic has taken. I apologize for adding such a nauseating two cents.

11. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I eat healthily so don't worry about my sweating when you dance with me. :wink: 8)

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I eat whatever I want(but it's usually "slow food") & I am careful with sweat management, so although I sweat profusely, I don't stink.

13. luh

luh Active Member

yesterday night at the workshop, it was so hot and humid, that you were almost able to cut the air right through. It was if the air was not moving at all.
    luh

14. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Sounds like what I am experiencing right now- morning, noon & night. Japanese summers are miserably hot & humid...

15. Matrix

Matrix New Member

aaaahahahahahahaha! I totally feel you! I dance like 1 1/2 songs and I am drenched!! :oops:

I hate it! :cry: But hey, if the girls want to dance with me... TOUGH! :wink:

16. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Bring an extra shirt or two to change into. ;)

17. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

:lol: I'd be changing after every dance! I bring some towels and wipe m'self dry after each dance. I wear breatheable fabrics that dry quickly. Check the labels- there are TONS of sexy shirts out there for guys in synthetics- not that stretchy jock stuff but some really nice things. (All the guys in the pics in my photo gallery are wearing that kinda stuff! Take a look!)
    If you wear cotton, which will NEVER dry in one evening, it's a good idea to bring some extra shirts.

18. latindia

latindia New Member

AMEN to that! I find sweat very sexy on the gals...one of the reasons I love visiting the gym regularly :lol: No complaints, keeps me in shape.
    And I connect sweat with passion and intensity, lovely!

Well, as a lead, I guess a very sweaty back can be a problem in terms of connection. Even more importantly, sweaty palms can be worse in that respect.

Again, it might be cultural, as you say. Americans are very very sensitive about sweat, compared to many other countries. I'm from India originally, and it's as hot as it gets, sweat is something you just take for granted.

19. Matrix

Matrix New Member

too much sweating on the gals can make their backs too slippery ... it becomes no fun.

if gals sweat way too much, they should wear blouses or dresses that cover the backs as to allow for comfortable traction...

but I agree, some sweating on the gals is HOT! 8)

20. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Yeah, that's what I do. I keep it covered. Gotta let the arms & chest breathe, so not much coverage there...