Sweating while dancing

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by kdogg, Jul 16, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Exactly. A guy has to have an outrageously beerish beer belly for it to show in a guayabera. It's a nice shirt, IMO. :wink: 8)
  2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

OK I'll look for some too. :wink: 8)
  3. pygmalion

Seriously. The first time I saw one of those shirts in action was on a thinnish, older Jamaican guy -- probably about 65 or 70 years old. Dancing his heart out to some reggae music. And he looked great. Then, I saw one on a young, kinda chubby Puerto Rican guy. And he looked great. Then I saw one on a middle aged Cuban guy. And he looked great.

The shirt works. 8) :wink:
  4. kdogg

kdogg New Member

No wonder the clubs have fake indoor plants :lol: .
  5. Ismile2you

Ismile2you New Member

i'm still looking for the deo which makes you not sweat at all.......
  6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Stand in place and twirl the lady around. That works. :wink:

Seriously. I was in a funny mood last night and did all sorts of stuff with the people whom I know. If itw as a stranger she probably would have walked off in disgust.

This friend keeps looking at my feet yesterday night and the says she feels that I'm off beat. I said, don't look at my feet. She continued and so I just stood in place and moved her around a little. oooh!! You should have seen the expression on her face. :lol:
  7. kdogg

kdogg New Member

Sounds like, as Shakespeare would put it, "Like the poor cat i' the adage..." (like the cat who wants to catch fish without wetting it's paws).
  8. pygmalion

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

should probably also think of putting it in general dance as well
  10. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

LOL they really are a good option for the guys. That, or hawaiian shirts.
  11. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Darn you guys!
    I keep telling myself that I have enough clothes already!
    (course if I threw or gave away all the old, worn, or too small stuff)
    And I just passed up Hawaiian shirts last week....
    I'm weakening.....
  12. Nvm

Nvm New Member

I tend to sweat quite a bit during dance lessons. I like to bring a change of clothing with me, in case it becomes excessive.
  13. pygmalion

lol!

Need. more.shirts!
  14. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Pygmalion, I can't find exactly in the thread what a "guayabera" shirt is. Elaborate por favor!
  15. pygmalion

Will search for a pic, but do you, by any chance, watcn Dexter? (Don't say so, if you do. Many folks disapprove. He%& I disapprove, but I watch anyway. lol.) If you do, the guy-of-Cuben descent who's Dexter's friend in the PD wears them all the time.
  16. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Well I'm a dunce. I could have just googled in the first place! Those do seem to be universally flattering shirts. I think husband is just too.... preppy? for them. But might be fun to try to get him dressed in one. Maybe he'll suddenly be able to salsa like someone that's NOT a ballroom dancer. Of course, we'll have to get him some pointy-toed shoes too. All the salsa dancers around here wear pointy-toed shoes!
  17. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

Google image search is your friend. :)
  18. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Hehe Jenny! I was just searching and here is the cutest picture of one that I found:
    [​IMG]
  19. wiseman

wiseman New Member

Same here. That's why I always bring a small towel with me.
  20. urish

urish New Member

Towel is a good idea, I usually have one in my bag and go wipe sweat between dances. Also go to the bathroom and wash the face, it really feels *******ing !