SYTYCD Season 6 - Auditions Week 1

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by RickRS, Sep 8, 2009.

1. RickRS

RickRS Member

Hope you all caught your breath, the next season of So You Think You Can Dance starts tonight at 8 Eastern!

While the "trainwreak" aspect of audition week turns some DF'ers off, I watch because there are some good dancers that you only get to see once.

Of course, you do run the risk of being forced to see Sex attempting to dance on tv once again. :rolleyes: Please, let this be the season they decide enough, already!

2. Beto

Beto Active Member

I think we had enough Sex last season. The dance off that Nigel forced us to watch with Sex and that other bad dancer was probably, *hopefully*, the last we have seen of him.

3. RickRS

RickRS Member

:oops: Oops! I messed up! :oops:

SYTYCD will air tomorrow with the first audition show. Sorry I mislead my fellow DF'ers and SYTYCD fans.

4. Nybz

Nybz New Member

LOL I was going to watch this season, my first time watching it, and was trying to figure out why my DVR wouldn't show it to me

5. RickRS

RickRS Member

For those of us that have seen past seasons, audition weeks showing will be a little difference. They are showing only an hour for this Wednesday (LA auditions) and next Wednesday (Boston auditions).

In past seasons they did do two hour per show and two nights starting with the second week for 4 hours of programming weekly to get the auditions over.

Edit add: And just to throw some actual news, MyOxIsBroken reports SYTYCD top 20 dancers won't be revealed until Oct. 21. So auditions and Vegas week will be drawn out to almost a month and a half. The Futon Critic has more details, including the shift from a single Wednesday night show to the usual two nights weekly on Tuesday/Wednesday on Sept. 29.

6. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Until Oct. 21 it will be easy to decide what to watch, DWTS results show or SYTYCD. DWTS results show, of course. ;)

7. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Yay for DVR once again! I can watch both.

8. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

I really enjoyed the LA audition show. They seem to have finally managed to play up the good dancing and play down the bad. The show put a smile on my face :)

9. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Anyone in particular catch your eye?

10. RickRS

RickRS Member

Really enjoy seeing our tappers from season 5 that didn't make into the top 20, Ryan and Bianca (?). The two doing their duet together was super. And then, another sensational tapper! Was he named Phillips? The guy was just as classy and smooth as Ryan! This is why I don't miss the auditions! Those three were amazing!

Like the male ballet dancer.

Love the salsa couple. While the girl was the only one auditioning, her partner for the audition was every bit as good. While he shugged off Nigel's question as to why he wasn't auditioning, I half expected the judges to give him a ticket to Vegas, as well.

11. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I LOVED the last tapper! He blew the other two away! He was the only one to get my attention.

12. BrownSkin818

BrownSkin818 New Member

woops! totally forgot about the new season. anyone have a link to where i can download last week's full episode? pretty please? :)

13. RickRS

RickRS Member

Hope this one will work for you: http://www.watchsytycd.info/

14. BrownSkin818

BrownSkin818 New Member

FANTASTIC! it seems to be so far....

Thanks!

15. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

That page just keeps pestering me to take long, annoying surveys. It's very frustrating. Is there another site? Thanks.

16. RickRS

RickRS Member

Sorry if its more bother than its worth. FOX doesn't have full episodes of SYTYCD on their official FOX Network site, just short unrelated clips. HULU didn't have full episode, either. That was the only site that promised full episodes I found.

So don't forget to tune in Wednesday for another hour of auditions. This week from Phoenix. I hope it is as good as the LA auditions!

17. BrownSkin818

BrownSkin818 New Member

turns out it just shows the videos from megavideo.com. so u can go there directly and skip the annoyance.

18. BrownSkin818

BrownSkin818 New Member

And THIS was what I wanted to catch. I wanted to see who the salsa folks were. Turns out I half way know who they are! The girl competed in Steven's Steakhouse Top Salsera comp a couple of years ago and shocked the hell out of everyone! Like... WHO is she and where did she come from?? She was the favorite to win after the semis but the finals didnt pan out for her. She's also competed at the Mayan before with her partner, maybe in 2007? But she reeeeeeeally stands out solo (unlike most partner dancers). Good salsa representation! Hope she does well on the show...

19. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

Thanks... I do wish Fox itself would post the full episodes and make it easier for us. I can watch full episodes of DWTS and America's Best Dance Crew online, on their respective networks's websites. Fox should get onboard.

20. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Not sure why they don't for SYTYCD, since they do for most of their other shows.