Tail-less suit - suggestions?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Bailamosdance, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

I have to get a suit for bringing my students to mixed proficiency events... Tails are not being used any more for the teacher, and I am wondering who does a good and $ conscious suit? Does anyone make a good off the rack suit for dance or should I get one made? I saw one by Dress for Dance that looked good but don't know where to buy it. Any suggestions on vendors, thoughts on these suits, etc?

2. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

VEDance is starting a line of suits and tailsuits in three price tiers that look pretty great -- I'm saving up myself for a top-tier suit. They were vending at Harvard this past weekend and will be vending at the Gotham City Dancesport Challenge in Brooklyn this Saturday if you want to see one in person and get measured for one.

smidra86 and Bailamosdance like this.
  3. bluebereft

bluebereft Member

dokman jacket by tony baileys?

4. Bailamosdance

Got a link
    Got a link?

5. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Tony Bailey is Brackley's right? While certainly "good", I'm not entirely sure it qualifies as "$ conscious".

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

7. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

My partner bought his tail-less jacket from RS (Italian brand) for dancing pro-am, was bought off-rack, just lucky it worked out.

I think Bobby from Danz 2000 carries varieties of RS suit (with or without tail), RS quality and cutting are quite nice. If one of the off-rack suits fits, really saves the headache of custom-making.

8. Bailamosdance

Just got fitted by vedance for their smooth suit!

stash likes this.