Taking Ballroom to the Bedroom

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by rbazsz, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

I have been dancing for awhile now and I feel I'm getting good at several different styles. The ladies I dance with give me very positive feedback so I am sure that my dancing is doing OK.

Many ladies I know are insulted if I don't dance with them, so it's fair to say I have a following.

The problem with all of this is one thing -- although ladies dance with me and they are friends on the floor, they never ask me to their place to have sex.

Is there a few pointers that should tell me whether I did it right or night.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

IMV, this does not belong on a dance thread, though I will leave it here...for now...this is not a dance related question...it is a dating, or more accurately, a "bedding" question...women enjoying dancing with you has little to nothing to do with whether or not they'd like to sleep with you... and if you want advice on how to get women to ask you for sex, you are going to have take that elsewhere...I really am astonished that you find that the two would be correlated and/or that that is your intent (attraction, maybe---though not neccessarily, asking your for sex? not so much)....frankly, I don't know of any women who out and out ask people for sex due to a casual association related to someone dancing well...there may be some but it is doubtful that they are hanging out at a ballroom studio (and you do use the word ballroom in your title)....now, if you are talking about dances at bars, then dude, you do conclusively have a problem as that is only a matter of how much liquor you pour on it ....but by and large, a man who has a dance following has one because the number of men who dance proficiently in a social setting isn't always very large....perhaps you need to ask some of them out and see what they say, but it is beyond bizarre to me to be puzzled as to why they aren't asking to bed you...particularly if you aren't talking about dating and are merely looking for a romp in the hay....maybe I am just getting too old...oy

3. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

I'm pretty sure RB meant this as humor.

4. fascination

I sincerely hope you are right...but I am not in the habit of laughing outright at something that someone else may actually mean...and I have seen it all around here

5. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

I disagree that this isn't a topic for this forum. It's been touched on many times -- I'm just being more blunt than the other threads.

So, why doesn't good dance translate into bedding? I have read in many places that for women dance is the same as foreplay. Wouldn't good foreplay lead to the bedroom at some point?

6. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Active Member

this really depends on the venue. In Bars and clubs you may be more successful than ballroom studio socials!

7. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I really do think that depends on the woman...and perhaps which type of dance you're doing...

8. fascination

I think there are alot of steps and degrees between some attraction and a woman asking a man for sex....alot...I also think that most of the time, being in demand to dance with may not imply anything about one's attractiveness for potential sex...since you are in demand to dance with and not getting sex I can only presume that they aren't attracted...which means your issue ISN"T a dance issue...THAT is my point...your real issue is how to get women into your bed...as clearly dance skill isn't working...therefore, it really belongs more in the non dance area of the forum...but, as I said, I will leave it as is...again, since you specified ballroom...I just don't think that many women who are inclined to hop straight into bed based on dance skill are hanging out at ballroom studios...and if they were, they'd be after the pros

9. freeageless

freeageless Active Member

I agree that this is a suitable topic for this forum. All one has to do is see the many responses to your post in only a short period of time. I don't really have a response to your question, other than to say that I look forward to reading the responses from the persons that do. Thus far the responses have been quite interesting. I also think that you stated in a prior post that you are married, that you wear a wedding ring, and that you make it clear to the women that you are dancing with that that is the situation. I am assuming perhaps incorrectly that you are either divorced, separated or even more likely that you find your marriage unsatisfying. If the latter is the case, I can understand why you take dance lessons and in a way the purpose of your question. ;)

10. fascination

good heavens..read the specific caveat ya'll...anyhow chat away

11. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Go dance at a social bar scene where there is alcohol abounding, you might have better luck with what seems to be your ultimate goal, if that is truly what your after - and not just a dance partner or acquaintance.

12. suburbaknght

suburbaknght Well-Known Member

An interest in X with someone is not an interest in having sex with them.

X can be dancing, talking, sharing a drink, watching a movie, going on a date, discussing one's past, or anything else. The two simply do not equate in any sense.

Now dancing can be a way to get to know someone at which point he or she may decide to go to bed with you, but the relevant part of that statement is "get to know."

The rule of thumb I give my social students is if a man/woman wants to talk with you after the song is over, he or she is probably interested in you as more than a dance partner, but that does not mean they are interested in you romantically or sexually. They could be being friendly and sociable, they may have a deeper interest, or they may be deciding if there's a deeper interest. You can't know from a dance. You have to interact after the dance and see if there's an interest, just as one would in any other social situation.

What dancing does is open the door. It gives you a way to introduce yourself so that you can interact and try to pique on another's interest, but it is by no means a guarantee or even necessarily a motivator of sexual or romantic interest.

I would ask people not to jump down the OP's throat. Many people of both genders first develop an interest in dance in order to meet sexual or romantic partners and there is nothing wrong with this. I applaud the OP for having the courage to understand the culture better. Rbazsz, the other side of it, however, is not holding the women you dance with to the expectation that they will sleep with you simply because they dance with you.

13. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Ditto that!

14. freeageless

I too applaud and congratulate Rbazsz for having the courage to bring this subject up.

15. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

How to get laid by dancing ballroom:
    Leave the ballroom.
    Go down the street.
    Depending on the neighborhood, you may have to walk a couple blocks.
    See woman on street corner.
    Pay her the going rate.

Next guy that comes here and wants to know why women in the dance scene are skittish around them?
    THIS thread.

16. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

hmmm...I tell my students the same as suburbaknght did. It is the amount of time someone interacts with you and where off the dance floor than expresses their interest in you as a person. This means at the dance, socializing and not dancing and out of the dance scene as well.

This is not to say that there are women/ladies who go out with the intent of having casual sex and who sometimes don't need even much solializing off the dance floor to go home with you, but those are very few, very very few in the ballroom world of dance.

17. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

If I don't find you physically attractive, you're not getting to first base no matter how good a dancer you are.

And frankly, most (ie 99% of the men I social-dance with who are also available) aren't especially attractive. The 1% who are socially available are usually professionally unavailable/inappropriate (ie teachers) or gay.

Plus, have you tried actually dating someone before expecting them to sleep with you? It usually works better. You want someone who doesn't need any preliminaries and is okay with strangers, see the post regarding ladies of negotiable virtue.

18. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

In general, I think it can be good to go for the high percentage play. With regard to the bedroom, I would say the spouse is the percentage play.
    Then again, maybe not...
    Hmmm...

19. freeageless

You state, "And frankly, most (ie 99% of the men I social-dance with who are also available) aren't especially attractive. The 1% who are socially available are usually professionally unavailable/inappropriate (ie teachers) or gay." That is 100% of the men that you appear to find unavailable-either not especially attractive or gay or instructors. Based on those figures and statements, why do you "social-dance" at all? :confused:

20. freeageless

TC, I recall seeing those comments that Rbazsz made above as well. You verified what I correctly recalled seeing. My guess is that Rbazsz may or may not still be marred. In any event, I would doubt that he is wearing a wedding ring. In addition, I would suspect that he is telling women at that studio, that he is separated or divorced-whether he is or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.