Taking Ballroom to the Bedroom

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by rbazsz, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Not going to speak for DOI. But women don't go social dancing to meet a man. They go dancing to DANCE. Dancing doesn't require being attractive.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I don't think anyone intends to jump down OP's throat for noting that there are at times additional motives for dancing or for noting attraction as something that can happen while dancing...but I think it is a fairly appropriate response to find it rather primative and immature for a man to ponder why, given his demand as a dancer, no women are "asking him to have sex with them"....

3. freeageless

freeageless Active Member

Maybe so, however I find good dancers "attractive." :)

4. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

In general: the dancing community is a miniature world and depicts the human society. So if we post here about cooking and jokes, which really got nothing to do with dancing at all, it should be natural to talk about gender concerns. If you are addicted to dancing you will actually have no considerable time left to look for a partner in the remaining world outside.

Dancing, either classes or socials indeed are a good place for partner choice. But be aware son, dancing actually is the supreme discipline. In no other field you can assess a possible partner in such detail as in your arms.

@rbazsz

Dont get asked, ask actively!

@Derek

Not always. In most cases women prefer to look for a guy in a well illuminated venue, and for a longer time. The bar and club thing is a totally different matter.

But very often the ring is an invitation. It is easier for a woman if she only wants that neat activity.

5. fascination

sure...but, imv, probably better posted in one of the non-dance issue parts of this forum where we also post about cooking and jokes...because the absence of having women ask one for sex, really has nothing to do with dance skill....and, I might add, that if the dude is at a studio and begins actively asking women for sex, he may very well find himself no longer at that studio

6. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Well, I hear rb is a good dancer. Perhaps you should go ask him to have sex. Everyone wins.:rolleyes:

7. fascination

sure...but we don't all want to bed everyone whom we find attractive...though I will say that, contrary to wooh's post, I do think there are certainly some women at socials looking for romance, but I think the number that are going to ask a man for sex based solely on his dance skills is miniscule

8. freeageless

Perhaps, I should have stated I find many good female dancers "attractive." Unfortunately, perhaps for us men RB is a male. ;)

9. freeageless

I agree. I think that very, very few women are going to ask any guy for sex based only on his dance skills-and nothing else.

10. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

now are you really?

11. Larinda McRaven

I would far rather go to bed with someone that has looks, dancing, and personality. And so far you only brag about one of them.

12. fascination

to that degree?...you betcha...I am completely clear on lusting in my heart after certain male dancers, but um...asking them for sex? or having them assume that my appreciation of their skills/attributes would presumably lead to me propositioning them?...uh...yea...astonished...again, I fully concede that I am just a old married woman in the midwest who needs to pull up the rocking chair and accept that I am behind the times

13. Larinda McRaven

In general I agree. But with regard to OP... not so much.

14. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I social dance, when I can be bothered to social dance, to dance (wooh, it's generally a safe bet to guess you're on the same wavelength as me. ;) )

Good dancers are sometimes attractive. The degree of "good" involved necessary to override otherwise physically unattractive usually puts them into that 1% who are teachers/coaches and therefore not really appropriate.

There is no degree of good dancing that overrides a bad personality.

(Excluding those who are married/equivalent, who don't factor in at all. Married = complete lack of interest on my part. Not wasting time with something not going anywhere and anyone who's married who'd say yes to another woman before the divorce is final isn't worth my time anyway.)

15. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

You are very astute! I recently divorced. One of the main issues that drove the two of us apart is that my ex wouldn't go dancing with me. It would be somewhat comical to note that my ex, when we were married, was convinced I was having sex with women at the ballrooms. Nothing was further from the truth!

The fact that I was so recently married could be a factor that is hindering my love life. It's possible that once the ladies at the ballrooms find out about my divorce, and believe in it, my prospects for the bedroom will improve.

16. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

I believe you are right. Male pros have it made when it comes to the love life.

17. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

I never convey to the women I dance with that I would like to have them in the bedroom because I want to continue to dance with them and have fun. When I dance I treat all ladies with the utmost respect. I was just wondering if my non-sexual approach to dance is part of the problem.

18. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Have you tried asking anyone out, without the expectation of bedding her? It might be a better means to the end.

19. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

I have considered that, and I am sure there are several ladies that would say yes if I took them out for coffee, drinks, or whatever. You are probably right that might work better if the bedroom is one of my goals. I posted my original question because I assumed dancing would provide a more direct route.

From what I have observed dance alone is not enough to motivate females to pursue men.

20. clumsy fellow

clumsy fellow Active Member

Nah, I am guessing it's the car you drive . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.