Taking Ballroom to the Bedroom

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by rbazsz, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oh LC. The woman who lands you will have a treasure.. Honestly. A treasure.

Take your time and make your pick. And talk to experienced men in the meantime. You will be an awesome husband.

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

no...there is nothing silly in being conscientious...but it can also be important to not have an over-inflated...pardon the pun...sense that it will go swimmingly just because you've done alot of reading...and it is more important to pick someone who doesn't expect that as she is probably going to be equally inexperienced...but also because presumably, she loves you and is willing to go on that journey over time...but again, for now, it's probably best...on this thread, to stick to how to actually pursue someone you dance with...as that is about as far from the initial question as we ought to stray...other issues, if appropriate at all, can become other threads

3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

...just a side note...
    I wonder how many trolls we actually have on this post...?
    and how many posters using several usernames to troll with....?

4. DL

DL Well-Known Member

In fact, they might turn out to be rewarding and fulfilling relationships in their own rights, even if they don't lead to marriage.

5. pygmalion

more than a few, I'm guessing.

6. fascination

that would be the BEST case scenario :rolleyes:

7. LCbaseball22

LCbaseball22 Member

LOL, I didn't really intend to hi-jack the thread but you guys must have really disliked the OP to allow me to do so...

8. pygmalion

That makes you sound like him. LC.

9. fascination

his issues have been exhausted...and this is what usually happens to such threads that are exhausted...they meander into other areas until they, please God..die

10. LCbaseball22

LCbaseball22 Member

Huh? How so?

11. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

You're not gonna learn to be a sex god from a book. Trust me, it does NOT work that way. At all. Remotely.

And seriously, if you are truly looking for a girl who shares your outlook on waiting, etc. seriously look into going to a church. Single most successful 'college couple' I know met at Newman Club (for you Protestant types reading that's basically Catholic bible study). He (keydet from VMI) swears that he knew the moment he saw her (one of my friends from W&L), though it took them a while to start dating. Longest relationship I recall from school (he and I did a Marx Brothers-worthy routine so I could swipe one of her rings so he could have a VMI class-ring miniature made for her in the right size-how she didn't figure out what we were up to, I don't know....), based on not strategizing and reading manuals and trying to figure out What Women Want but meeting, going out, and seeing how it worked. (And yes, like the majority of VMI students, he's an engineer. The relationship didn't happen because of analysis, it happened because he went to the right place to meet a girl who'd probably be compatible.)

12. fascination

there are also questions on some match sites...and I only know because I had a friend for whom this was a major priority...regarding importance of "waiting"...and while you greatly narrow your range, if that is a priority, that is a way of screening for it...the ratio in a ballroom studio...hmmmm...dunoo...but not betting on it being your best shot

13. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

This looks interesting.

[​IMG]

Wait... did I already miss the show? Awwww man...

[​IMG]

14. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

Based on what I have read on this thread, you will have a long wait. Women want to be led, whether that's in the ballroom or to the bedroom. Probably more so when it comes to the alter.

One thing that hasn't been discussed here is whether women at ballrooms have more of a need to be led to these things than the general population of females. Or, perhaps female dancers get conditioned to being led so they expect it more. For sure some females seem to become more assertive once dancing increases their confidence. I don't have a clue either way and don't pretend to know the answers. Perhaps this would be good for a new thread.

15. fascination

again, probably a sweeping generalization ...

16. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Wow.

I gotta say, the one thought that keeps coming back to mind as I read this thread* is that a whole lot of the attitudes on display here, and the "knowledge" about what women want in a relationship, so totally goes to explain why some people are still single. Good [expletive deleted] grief.

*I keep trying not to. But this thread is like a train wreck where you can't help but look.

17. pygmalion

Yep.

18. clumsy fellow

clumsy fellow Active Member

Wow,

19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I call BS.

20. LCbaseball22

LCbaseball22 Member

Ugh, I don't know who/what to believe, lol :confused: