Taking Ballroom to the Bedroom

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by rbazsz, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clumsy fellow

clumsy fellow Active Member

Wow, what a buzz kill . . .

2. DL

DL Well-Known Member

At least she said "some". (I double-checked. :) )

3. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Its more of the cherry on the cupcake.. dancing in the cherry on top, charm and personality and confidence, all those superficial perks are the icing, and the cupcake is the real substance of the person.. The cupcakes with the yummy frosting AND a cherry on top are going to be the most enticing.. but sometimes you eat the cherry and lick off the frosting and taste the cake part and its not so good, so you throw it away.. the frosting was the best part.

Related but on my own tangent.. what do you say to a woman you can see is being lured in by the charm of a man you know is toxic? He is a nice but mediocre dancer and a flirt.. he's always dating multiple women.. he's going after a really nice girl whose birthday is today.. I thought she knew he was bad news.. sigh I guess you can't say anything!

4. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

You can spot them because they're the ones who start complaining women aren't lining up at their door because they took a six-week salsa class. The ones who might have more depth to them usually forget that's the reason they came in the door.

5. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

Girls do love guys that can dance but for some mysterious reason it doesn't seem to increase their desire for sex enough to make them more aggressive when seeking it.

It seems that with all of the closeness and intimacy that is necessary for dancing there would be a lot more happening -- especially considering that women constantly complain that guys are not intimate enough.

Perhaps women feel that dancing will enhance their appearance enough that they can rely on traditional dating roles to get as much action as they need. Without question females that are dancing are far sexier to men than females that aren't dancing.

6. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

What a sexilicious way of explaining it! :uplaugh:

7. toothlesstiger

toothlesstiger Well-Known Member

Do you really think they are complaining about a lack of physical intimacy? That would explain a lot.

8. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

That's an excellent question! I don't pretend to have an answer.

9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

oh, for pete's sake.:rolleyes:

it's more than just physical proximity and a few dances that inspires most women to hanker for more of a man. even bearing lack of physical intimacy in mind. psh.

10. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

After contemplating this question for awhile I think I have the answer:

Women want more physical intimacy with men but they don't want it to be overtly sexual in nature. When men make contact with women it's usually sexual in intent and that's not what women are looking for. Therefore women don't get the physical connection with men that they crave.

Perhaps the reason women like dance so much is that it gives them the physical connection with men but with rules of engagement that limit the obvious path to sexual intercourse.

11. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

money?

12. DL

DL Well-Known Member

You mean, 'it seems TO YOU that...'. In my own mind, the closeness and intimacy associated with dancing are *different* than other varieties of closeness and intimacy.

So you're saying that appearance is the reason women can or can't get action? I disagree with that. I disagree with the following sentence too.

Why do you keep making such sweeping generalizations? They're unsupportable. They're also often (so it seems to me) easily construed as insulting, by many people.

13. clumsy fellow

Car?

14. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Please don't feed the troll.

15. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Doubtful.

I'm hard pressed to think of a sentence that starts like this that's also likely to be correct. Yours isn't one.

Wrong.

Perhaps the reason that people who like to dance enjoy so doing, is that it gives them physical connection with other people within a set of social rules with which they feel comfortable.

See how I didn't need to use gender-specific or sex-related arguments to suggest a reason why people might enjoy dancing?

16. clumsy fellow

We need the other side of this story. Invite the women of your studio to read and post in this thread. I am certain the aggression will increase . . .

17. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

rbazsz: I see what you're doing. You're making controversial statements as if they're self-evident. Really? You look to me like someone who either wants attention or who is trying to disrupt the natural flow of conversation in an otherwise mostly-cordial community.

Cut it out rbazsz. Your brand of "honesty" comes across more like self serving self aggrandizement or wannabe DF sabotage. Eh. Whatever. Stop it. If you want to participate in conversation here, do that. If you want to disrupt things here, acknowledge that the DFers who care will not let you.

18. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Bwahahahaha!!! LOL. Best.answer.ever.

On a different note: lets not feed the troll. Cuz I refuse to believe this is anything other than trolling...although even if it isn't, it's perfectly evident that absolutely nothing anyone says here is going to get through.

19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Where's Flashdance?

20. LCbaseball22

LCbaseball22 Member

Hmm, well as I said before, there's been 5 marriages in the last year within the studio I go to...however, I'm also aware of an alarming number of women who love to dance yet have boyfriends who absolutely refuse! They should dump their lame asses and get with someone like me instead :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.