Taking Ballroom to the Bedroom

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by rbazsz, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

No more than any other man in any other line of work.

2. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

My advice for guys who are looking to meet women by dancing is to go out to salsa nights. Take a few lessons, become reasonably okay at it, before you go out. You don't need to be among the best leaders, and it might diminish your chances if you were. Salsa makes it possible to flirt/send signals without saying a word or buying her drinks.

3. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

I have never tried Salsa outside of regular studios. It seemed to me no different than any other ballroom dance as far as the women's interest in bedding. Perhaps the parties are a different situation. If you are right that would explain why Salsa is so popular! :cool:

4. toothlesstiger

toothlesstiger Well-Known Member

Dude, if you want women to come to bed uninvited, become a rock star or movie star. Otherwise, what every man that does have a "bountiful sex live" :rolleyes: will tell you is that you are the one that is going to have to talk them into your bed.

5. Kipling

Kipling New Member

I remember that Joe Lanza described a move that he claimed drove the women wild. Maybe you just need to find that certain, secret move?

6. wonderwoman

Not in a ballroom studio! Other places that have salsa nights!

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Joe made a lot of claims. Six versus eight count anyone? :lol: I miss that old codger.

This thread is completely amazing on so many levels. One -- that it exists. Two -- that it appears to, in fact, be sincere and not entirely in jest (from the OP's perspective. The rest of us, not so much.) Three -- that it's gone on for eighty-some odd posts, now. Although perhaps the last point is not all that surprising. People look at train wrecks too. Morbid fascination. :lol:

8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I doubt the women at Salsa clubs would appreciate the pointing of our finger at them in order to help OP get laid.

And frankly the fact that he claims that he is in a studio for the simple opportunity to sleep with women AND thinks they should all be there for the same reason appalls me. That is precisely the uneducated assumption and reputation that so many professionals and studios have fought hard against.

And I am pretty much over this thread... perhaps he is serious, but like in the past with his threads, they seem to be aimed at getting a flurry of activity here by making outlandish claims. I for one stopped taking him seriously at all after his first few initial posts.

9. pygmalion

Amen and hallalujah.

10. freeageless

freeageless Active Member

TT, I would tend to think that if you are a dance teacher; and, if the student whether male or female is not in a relationship or in an unhappy relationship then he or she is much more apt to get a crush on the dance teacher. The student teacher dance relationship is a fairly close physical relationship. As someone else on this dance forum stated: how many times have we seen on this forum: "I just love, love, loveee my pro." I myself have only taken a very few private lessons-so I have not had that problem with the female teachers. However, in my 10 months of taking lots of group classes, I must admit that I have had two mild crushes on two different female students that I took and still take group classes with. I do and did my best to hide it-though I must admit they may have suspected it. Obviously, neither of us acted on it. ;)

11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sadly, I do take him seriously, but like you, I have said what I care to say on it....

12. freeageless

Fascination, I don't see much difference between this thread and the dating thread by Pygmalion which thus far seems to have almost 2800 posts-and still going strong. Also, I think in all fairness, we need to keep in mind that the OP never stated that he was not interested in a long-term relationship or that sex was the only thing that he was interested in. I do think that he sould consider clarifying exactly what kind of relationship he wants-especially in light of the fact that he admits that he is now divorced.

13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

again, I have said what I care to say on the subject

14. toothlesstiger

toothlesstiger Well-Known Member

No, he pretty much came out and said he was looking for sex, not a relationship. And yes, we have a long thread going on about dating, but nowhere did anything there come remotely close, even in an subtle, indirect way, to "why aren't women asking me to have sex with them".
    As people have continued to say on this thread, one way or another, and as his own experience tells him, it doesn't work that way. Not even for male dance pros.

15. wonderwoman

I'm pretty familiar with that world.. My advice is sound. :)

16. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Exactly. It wasn't "Why don't the women I dance with want to date me?" It was "Why won't women sleep with me if I'm a good dancer?"

And "loving" your pro does not mean you're going to proposition him or her.

17. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I guess some people use "dating" to mean "having sex." But clearly that usage isn't applicable to the other thread.

18. suburbaknght

suburbaknght Well-Known Member

As always, The Onion puts it best.

19. pygmalion

Love it! Thanks, SK. :-D

20. freeageless

Thanks SK, very good, humerous, tongue in cheek article. Also very well written.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.