Taking classes at Arthur Murray

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Donchik, Apr 25, 2006.

1. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Welcome to DF Elaina!

I don't know much about the studios in the DC/Baltimore area, but I know there are some very good top level pros there outside of the AM system. I am sure there are experts here who can point you in the right direction.

In the meantime, if you're happy at AM then don't let the negative comments get to you. I have never been part of the chain system and have no intention to do so, but I do know there are some very good pros and amazing dancers who work through that system, so it isn't all bad.

2. freeageless

freeageless Active Member

Elaina, I too welcome you to Dance Forums. I hope that you will find it as helpful as I have. There are some real experts who post here. I also just sent you a private message regarding your question concerning dance studios in the DC area. :D

3. Elaina

Elaina New Member

Thank you GGinrhinestones and Freeageless!

4. WildE

WildE Member

I am 45, at least 50lbs overweight, have a knee and ankle issue and I have almost matched via six 1 hr group lessons the level of dance of folks ages 25-70 have done in 1-2 yrs of group lessons. I would be careful with your gross generalizations about us middle aged folks. Talent and capacity to be a quick learner isn't as agist as you think. Unfortunately you must have been with a slower to grasp group and/or lousy instructor.[/QUOTE]

Loki and tangotime like this.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

realize that you are responding to a thread that is 3 years old
    ....and welcome to df

Loki likes this.
  6. WildE

WildE Member

Thank you. Yes traipsing thru the archives for topics of pertinent interest aka tall partners, evaluating tall instructors, elusive big shoes, plus sized dancers, dancing with pre-existing knee injuries, am/am and group lessons vs private...the least of my worries is clothing at the moment. Oh and then there are questions about the actual dancing;)