tango argentino song to choose

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by FluffyTango, Sep 29, 2012.

1. FluffyTango

FluffyTango New Member

Hi I was looking for an argentine tango song to dance to. I can't make my choices so would anybosy help me? I was looking for a tango with an oriental twist or a tango where I can have drama in it . not to fast not too slow. any ideas ? I want something with character. It is for a solo
  2. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Active Member

3. AndaBien

AndaBien Well-Known Member

Is it a tango solo, or some other type of dance? If you are not doing a tango, many pieces by Piazzolla might be useful - lot's of character and drama - but not too good for dancing Argentine Tango.

4. FluffyTango

FluffyTango New Member

I am to dance an argentine tango solo with my instructor and I wanted to choose something special , I don't want to dance to a very well known song like la cumparsita , choclo or santa maria or so forth, although I like them yet I want something special.
  5. FluffyTango

FluffyTango New Member

I am to dance an argentine tango solo with my instructor and I wanted to choose something special , I don't want to dance to a very well known song like la cumparsita , choclo or santa maria or so forth, although I like them yet I want something special.
  6. Lilly_of_the_valley

I wanted to clarify, there is nothing really Oriental in the song I suggested, yet I believe it is a nice song.
  7. FluffyTango

FluffyTango New Member

Thank you so much ! I heard it , I like it too. Many Thanks, I still can't find a song to dance to :(
  8. NZ_Guy

NZ_Guy Member

El Miedo a La Libertad has an erhu in it..
  9. Lilly_of_the_valley

It is hard to pick, there are thousands pretty tangos.
    Would you prefer an instrumental, or with a singer?

Some other suggestions:

FluffyTango likes this.
  10. FluffyTango

FluffyTango New Member

I go for instrumental
  11. Lilly_of_the_valley

If you want something kinda "famous", but not as well-known as Cumparsita and El Choclo, perhaps Recuerdo or Volver would do. Those tangos were in the movies:

12. Mladenac

Mladenac Active Member

Here you have some dramatic moments. And it is not so difficult song:
  13. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Member

I think this one is from Morocco - I has been one of my favorites for long time (I'm the dead leaf)

There is tangos from Egypt too but they are with difficult rhythms

More in the middle of the Argentine and the Arabic tangos are those from Turkey. There is many more coming up when you play this in YouTube

Russian and Polish tangos are nice too . . . . .
  14. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Member

On the other way round - Piazzollas Libertango with Arabic performer just to show that it has oriental character

Or with a Russian lady

(These are on my Libertango portal - a collection sorted under different themes/playlista)