Tango Mississippi - Our New Web site!

Discussion in 'Dance Websites' started by Me, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Me

Me New Member

2. Yanou

Yanou Member

Very nice site! Looks very professional. I like the colors and overall design that conveys the characterics of AT.

One thing I want to mention is the sound. It would be nice to have a volume control or a mute button so people visit your site during work hours (ahem!) won't surprise others.
  3. Angel HI

Angel HI Active Member

There are both. In the upper right corner, you will find them.
  4. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Very nice.
    But maybe you could have them turn off the star trek sounding audio clue when you mouse over a link. Its very inconsistent with the music.
    And the bouncy photos?
  5. flyhere

flyhere New Member

A few friendly comments if I may:

Good:
    - Overall theme, layout, and color
    - Navigation is easy and simple (see note below)
    - Consistent use of fonts
    - Photos are always good to have (see note below)

Not so good IMHO:
    - Screen dimension is not optimized to fit perfectly, it's best if the viewers do not have to scroll up and down constantly to see the whole screen. This is different to the case where you scroll down to read an article;
    - Duplicate navigation icons and buttons, such as "home" and "contact us"
    - It would be nicer if the buttons are smaller and line up as one line, not two
    - Overuse of images, click to zoom (why?), slideshow-style on every page.
    - Bad enlarged dimension of images, making them look blurry or unsharp

Neither good nor bad, it's a matter of personal preference:
    - Overuse of flash effects, mouse rollovers. My design style is simplicity and "less is more", my opinion is that your designer tried a bit too hard, and stick everything he/she knows into it. OTOH, it may be to your liking to have lots of effects and adornments, then it's fine.

Something else altogether:
    - If you want to have search engines such as Google find you easily, I would put certain relevant materials such as home, about us, etc. as text and not as flash. The automatic Google robot or spider can not read flash stuff, this means people can not find you if they google.

All in all, a nice effort. Like I said, just a few friendly comments, I hope you don't mind, my appologies if you we not asking for feedback. In a past life, I like to design websites and have run a few.

fly
  6. Me

Me New Member

Thank you for the suggestions. :) I will forward them on to the person who built the site. :)