The Infamous Hijacked Thread.....

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by peachexploration, Nov 24, 2004.

1. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

tj wrote: "Ack, here I should be driving up to NJ and instead I'm surfing DF! (hope there's still turkey left! :shock: )"

Yep, me too, I need to get moving if I expect to get to dinner on time!

2. DancePoet

peachexploration wrote: "I have a sister in New Jersey. :)"

I have a grandmother, two aunts, and many cousins in New Jersey! I ahve a brother in Virginia with his wife and new child! See, we have multiple reasons for meeting up in that area over the holidays! We can visit family, and then go dancing on New Year's Eve! ;)

And I know a place in NJ for dancing! I bet I could find a place near my brother in Virginia, too!

3. DancePoet

SDsalsaguy wrote: "When I was growing up my Grandmother (paternal) lived in NJ."

When I was in college during my freshman year, some professor, teaching a psychology class if I recall, asked how many people in the class were from different states. His last question on this topic was, "Did I leave anybody out?" One student spoke up and said, "Yes, I'm from Jersey."

4. DancePoet

scorpionguy wrote: "I hear there's a lot of drugs in New Jersey."

Well ... this is certainly in line with Peach's rule, but I haven't the foggiest idea how to hijack this one. :lol:

5. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

There was a fog here last night after the rains. :)

6. DancePoet

peachexploration wrote: "I think baby ducks are cuter than baby turkeys. I'm roasting a duck today.... :)"

I'm buying my plane ticket to have dinner at your place as I type ...

Oh bummer, the airlines are all sold out! :shock: :roll: :lol: :wink:

7. DancePoet

peachexploration wrote: "There was a fog here last night after the rains. :)"

I like the idea of dancing in the rain, but here's an idea ... dancing in the fog! And under a full moon on a bridge over clear flowing water to tango music! :D

8. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Lots of cheap airline tickets these days with the discount airlines. And dancing is such an imaginative exciting world sounds exciting DP. I'm tempted to. Unfortunately Ithaca is not the best place to take advantage of great discount airline deals. Speaking of deals/rules.....aren't you supposed follow the last post? Looks as if there are a couple threads already where they should be one. :?

9. DancePoet

SDsalsaguy wrote: "I'm sure there are... aspirin, tylenol, nyquil,... the list *is* a long one! :shock:"

SD, you saved the day! Definitely calling you in when I need relief! :lol:

10. DancePoet

scorpionguy wrote: "Nyquil is like 40% pure Alkeehaul! Just a sip o' that stuff will have you hearing Elvis in no time! :lol:"

I'd rather be hearing Diana Krall! :D

11. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Why would you come to me? All of those in drugs are in NJ! :wink:

[Ummm... anyone else think DP is trying to pad his posting total? :wink: :lol: ]

12. DancePoet

Sagitta wrote: "Speaking of deals/rules.....aren't you supposed follow the last post? Looks as if there are a couple threads already where they should be one. :?"

Hmmm ... I've spent so much time hijacking different topics on this thread, I'd say this is one gigantic hijack by me! :D

Besides, I though Peach said there was one rule? I need to go back and reread ... I could be wrong. And with so many topics rolling along, it gives people plenty of thngs they can choose to hijack and just keep this thread rolling along! :D

13. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

:shock: I wonder if the DF is showing up in various security briefings and portfolios... with all the talk of hijacking and what not... :shock: :? :shock:

14. DancePoet

SDsalsaguy quoted DancePoet who quoted SD: "I'm sure there are... aspirin, tylenol, nyquil,... the list *is* a long one! :shock:"

SD, you saved the day! Definitely calling you in when I need relief! :lol:"

And SD wrote: "Why would you come to me? All of those in drugs are in NJ! :wink:"

Someone needs to relieve me on this thread from all this hijacking, and you seem like the most likely candidate since I was left wordless over SG's post! ;)

And then SD wrote: [Ummm... anyone else think DP is trying to pad his posting total? :wink: :lol: ]"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm laughing with you, but I'd say you hadn't read my reply to Sagitta before posting this. ;)

15. DancePoet

SDsalsaguy wrote: ":shock: I wonder if the DF is showing up in various security briefings and portfolios... with all the talk of hijacking and what not... :shock: :? :shock:"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was just about to head off to my families Turkey dinner when I read this!

I can just imagine somebody leaning over a computer terminal, eyes glued to their screen, saying, "Uh oh! Looks like we got a live one here, sir", as the person motions to their supervisor to check this thread out. The supervisor seperates from the reheated turkey sandwich sitting on the desk, comes over, studies the screen, and says, "I'd say you need to watch these folks closely, and who is this DancePoet character? Look into this further, and report back if anything else develops. Keep me posted."

I can see it now, DancePoet forever linked to a hijacking thread in some secret file. :roll: :lol:

And Peach, since you started this, I suspect you might now have a file, too! ;) :lol:

16. DancePoet

Ok ... that's it ... I've "hijacked" this enough, for now. :lol:

Off to dinner!

17. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Hmm, somebody's been busy while I was shopping :roll:

Are you offering? :wink:

Sounds tempting... where's my invitation then?

No -- I eat them :lol:

Nothing interesting I'm afraid. Mainly grocery, sometimes some other things, depending... As I said, I HATE shopping :x I can think of a dozen better things to do with the time -- dancing, dining out, dancing, watching a good film, dancing, a nice stroll, dancing, sitting by open fire sipping a cup of hot chocolate, dancing, cutting flowers from my garden (season and weather permitting), dancing... :lol:

Told you I only flirt :wink: :lol:

18. DancePoet

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MacMoto: I am so tempted to stay and type more, I'm having way to much fun, and you are back, but I must rush off to my families holiday feast. Perhaps I'll check back later. Probably!

P.S. Invitation is open, still! But I don't know for how much longer ... ;)

19. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Hmm, how many ways can you package invitations. How many colors, types of paper and not to mention e-cards, a nod as an invitation, etc. So many choices, ideas and creativity..... :)

20. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: I think I will leave that one for DP or is it D_P or is it dP or Dp or dp or however he chooses to spell his name :twisted: to answer that one :lol: