The Infamous Hijacked Thread.....

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by peachexploration, Nov 24, 2004.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Have you ever noticed how many well-educated and intelligent people can't spell, especially homynyms? Ms. Rasner, my second grade teacher, would be appalled!
  2. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

A homonymical poem by Janet E. Byford

An Ode to the Spelling Chequer
    Prays the Lord for the spelling chequer
    That came with our pea sea!
    Mecca mistake and it puts you rite
    Its so easy to ewes, you sea.

I never used to no, was it e before eye?
    (Four sometimes its eye before e.)
    But now I've discovered the quay to success
    It's as simple as won, too, free!

Sew watt if you lose a letter or two,
    The whirled won't come two an end!
    Can't you sea? It's as plane as the knows on yore face
    S. Chequer's my very best friend

I've always had trubble with letters that double
    "Is it one or to S's?" I'd wine
    But now, as I've tolled you this chequer is grate
    And its hi thyme you got won, like mine.

—Janet E. Byford
  3. motardmom

motardmom New Member

I've got a great one if you would like me to share...

Bad? No way!!! You flirt with me, I'll flirt with you, noooo problem! Just as long as you know it will get you nowhere but the dance floor!!!! :lol:

And finally...

My sil's mom's name is very similar to the name of this author. She's a little bit of a feminazi. I'm all for feminism, but I think that woman takes it to the point of offense. *cringe*
  4. peachexploration

Hmm. Point of offense and the point of defense should meet somwhere in the middle. Hmm. Middle Fense. :lol: :lol:
  5. motardmom

motardmom New Member

I just finished reading The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings series a few months ago. I just love Middle Earth.
  6. peachexploration

Space, the Final Frontier...I haven't seen Star Trek Deep Space Nine in a while... :( Didn't like Earth, Final Conflict at all... :?
  7. motardmom

motardmom New Member

Scott Bakula makes a great starship captain, but to me, he'll always be Dr. Sam Beckett.
  8. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

MacMoto wrote: "Hmm, somebody's been busy while I was shopping :roll:

:lol:

DancePoet wrote; "Reminds me of a saying, "Coffee, tea, or me?" ;) :lol:"
    And MacMoto replied: "Are you offering? :wink: "

Why of course! ;)

MacMoto wrote: "As I said, I HATE shopping :x I can think of a dozen better things to do with the time -- dancing, dining out, dancing, watching a good film, dancing, a nice stroll, dancing, sitting by open fire sipping a cup of hot chocolate, dancing, cutting flowers from my garden (season and weather permitting), dancing... :lol:"

Hmmm ... this sounds awfully familiar. ;)
  9. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Pacion quoted peachexploration: "Hmm, how many ways can you package invitations. How many colors, types of paper and not to mention e-cards, a nod as an invitation, etc. So many choices, ideas and creativity..... :)"

And then wrote: ":lol: I think I will leave that one for DP or is it D_P or is it dP or Dp or dp or however he chooses to spell his name :twisted: to answer that one :lol:"

:lol: Well, my dear pacion ... there's a simple answer ... many! ;)
  10. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

motardmom quoted DancePoet: "I need to find my pie dough recipe! :shock: :roll: :("

And offered: "I've got a great one if you would like me to share..."

Sure! PM me with the recipe and I'll give it a try! ;)

And she wrote: "Bad? No way!!! You flirt with me, I'll flirt with you, noooo problem! Just as long as you know it will get you nowhere but the dance floor!!!! :lol:

I suppose in a way my comment was a flirt, and the dance floor sounds fair to me. :)
  11. mambo_munkey

mambo_munkey New Member

Flirting is fun! I like to flirt, but I also like to dance, play music, sing and eat! I also like to cook. Just a sidethought... is it possible to break all 10 commandments at the very same time :?: :!:
  12. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Doable, I think... a bit hectic (and probably quite messy) doing all those things you shouldn't do in one go perhaps, but doable.
    Now check out DF's Commandments of Salsa! 8)

Salsa tonight! :D A salsa classmate's having her birthday bash, with one of my fave DJs on the deck -- should be good 8)
  13. pygmalion

Have you ever gone running on the deck of a cruise ship? I can't imagine why people do. Just trying to be cute, I guess. Everyone knows they were up drinking and dancing until 3:00 am, so what exactly is the appeal of rising at six to run on the wet and slippery deck? Show-offs! :tongue:
  14. peachexploration

One of these days, I will be going on a cruise. :)
  15. pygmalion

"One of these good old days," are lyrics from a song. I just can't remember which one. :?
  16. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Well, the good ol' boys = the Dukes of Hazard... :tongue:
  17. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

In the excellent movie Unforgiven, a guy who called himself, or rarther was called by his biographer, 'The Duke of Death' was mockingly called 'The Duck of death'.

Those who haven't seen this movie should really go see it!
  18. peachexploration

Mallard Ducks are common wild ducks that live in Northern Hemisphere wetlands. Most domestic (tame) ducks were bred from mallards. The female is called a hen, the male is called a drake, and the young are called ducklings.
  19. tj

tj New Member

Try dancing a rueda on the deck of a cruise ship!
  20. pygmalion

I hate doing a duck (the dance move.) The only move I hate worse is ... two ducks. :lol: