The Infamous Hijacked Thread.....

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by peachexploration, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Oh my. I went to a private (as in paid lots of moneee for good edjecation) school for all 12 years of school, and I remember that they asked us if we'd want to have uniforms (which is also done in a different private school - a rival school, you could say) at some point. And we said NOOOO. Thankfully.
    Note: The school (or the other "rival" school) had absolutely no affiliation with any religion.

T_E

2. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Nope, not here. But at the public schools there might not have been offical uniforms, yet keeping up with what was in style, what our peers were wearing, tended to be the norm. I'm not sure which is worse. :roll:

Getting ready to go to a fair this weekend. Going to work a booth and meet new people, take advantage of the yummy food, and see some farm animals. Could be a good time. :D

3. Twilight_Elena

What happened with your fish, pygmalion? Never did learn...

T_E

4. DancePoet

My father once had a fish tank until one of my brothers decided to hit it with a toy hammer.

Someone was pounding something the other day while I was sleeping off a cold at the SO's place. I finally decided to investigate what was going on, and discovered the lady upstairs was pounding meat on her cutting board. Lovely. :roll:

5. DancePoet

I was cutting turkey on a cutting board today.

Tomorrow? Who knows. Maybe I'll be ... dancing! :bouncy:

Maybe not. :(

6. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

Oh my god, I got massive food poisoning from turkey like five years ago while my twins were infants. It hit me while I had them in the double stroller at a cafeteria, miles away from home. I had to roll the stroller into the bathroom while they sat there and watched me double over in pain and cold sweat on the toilet. Then they got hungry. I was nursing both of the them exclusively at the time. I don't even know how I made it home. To this day I'm wary of turkey.

7. DancePoet

Food poisoning from anything wouldn't be fun.

But, dancing, now that is fun.

I can think of other things that are fun, too. Like fishing, golfing, hiking, and enjoying a good bottle of wine.

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

omg, thespina... what a horror story.

have personally gotten food poisoning twice (the kind where after two weeks it still feels like you've lost the lining to your stomach) -- from sidewalk hot dog vendors.

speaking of which -- what's everyone's favorite way to top a dog? mine: ketcup, mustard, & relish
    mmmmm

9. DancePoet

Mustard.

Ketchup is for hamburgers.

:lol:

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ah -- purist, you! ;)

11. DancePoet

Purist you say, no,
    And now I've carried haiku
    Over here, the shame.

:lol:

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

D.P., I fear same,
    That TangoMan has unleashed
    Haiku mania...
    :D

13. Twilight_Elena

I didn't even know what a haiku was till I read said thread. I learn something every day. :D

T_E

14. DancePoet

Reading and writing, two of many joys in life.

Speaking of which, another is the SO. Truelly one of my favorite joys!

15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

My problem is that I'm not much of a poetry person. Whatever I've had to read in various classes, plus some Edna St. Vincent Millay, Nikki Giovanni, Maya Angelou, Kahlil Gibran, and I'm done. Everything else is ... something for me to discover in my next incarnation (meaning the next chapter of my life.) But still, the haiku I've read are beautiful, balanced and symmetrical in a way that touches my soul.

Writing poetry? Not a strength, for me. And it's kinda hard for me to write throwaway words that just happen to have the right number of syllables. Disrespectful to the art form. So I'm stuck. :?

Oops. Didn't read the thread. And, speaking of disrespect: OM goodness. Just saw some kid in Walmart this afternoon, yelling at his mother. I mean YELLING, as if that was perfectly normal. Eh! I'm hoping her apparent paralysis was because she was embarrassed. But I have a feeling she needs a visit from that TV nanny. What was that show called?

16. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

What I use to embellish
    is Mustard and Relish
    I'm in a complete fog
    with ketchup on my dog.

Yeah...I'm a poet!! Hoo ha!

17. pygmalion

*giggle* I think you want the random thoughts in haiku thread. Two threads to the left.

(Impressed by the poetry, though, I must admit. :wink: )

18. mamboqueen

Well, it isn't a haiku....but merely a random thought

19. pygmalion

Poetic, nonetheless. :cool:

(btw, nobody at Showtime today. :( )

20. mamboqueen

No problem...I don't think I'm going to have the shoes in time...so no hurry.