The Innocent Crush, another perspective

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by PretzelsAndBeer, Sep 30, 2008.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yes...b/c it always starts out nice and inspiring...hopefully it will stay that way
  2. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

But seems to go straight to Hell.
  3. fascination

more like it splits it's time between heaven and hell in order to sustain itself
  4. Dude, I feel for you and I have been down that path before. To put it succintly, you have to get out more to meet more people. You are giving this person way too much power over your emotions.
  5. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Good point. If it were continuous hell, a sane person would bail out ASAP.
  6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Based on other thread, whatever you do, make sure you don't dance a bolero with her. :)
  7. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

:uplaugh::applause::cheers:
  8. fascination

bolero, tango, waltz...all of the above;)
  9. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Nor International Rumba, Samba, Cha...stick with Jive/Swing ;)
  10. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Not worth it. if I'm stuck with only jive/swing, i'd rather take my chance of developing a crush. :)
  11. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

I'm with you, ETP.
  12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Anyway...honestly...I don't think that really has that much to do with the chemistry or projection at the source of a crush. Only that there are certain qualities of closeness that can fan those emotional flames.

If you're inclined to crush on someone, swing is good enuf to get the job done. ;)
  13. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Nah, when you dance swing like I do it's more likely just to inspire pity. :)

14. Too late.
  15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

LoL. Ah...but with the right person, and rather tight & head-to-head...oh, I bet you could get sparks to fly. ;)
  16. Some guy

Some guy New Member

I loved your story, but I will take to heart what the other folks say here. You're as high as you can get right now, and the slightest mistep will be very costly.

I have successfully dealt with crushes like this the same way you're doing now, and you're right, it feels great and it does make you become a better person. One way to successfully avoid the crash is to think of this person as merely "imaginary". You won't be far from the truth: how much do you really know about the person? How much have you gotten to know her WITHOUT your rose-tinted sunglasses? As long as you know that "it ain't gonna happen", just soak up the dopamine, enjoy the natural "high", but don't be afraid to take off your shirt and show-off your chiselled abs to other girls. :)
  17. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Exactly the type/s of reason/s why I posted what I did. http://www.dance-forums.com/showpost.php?p=607788&postcount=8 It's a great story. I was glad that he shared it. Yet, I want for him, and the relationship, to remain healthy...emotionally and dancewise. Thanks for the other side, Fasc.
  18. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Very good advice in this thread, based on many years of unreqcuitted crushes on various women. :)

So bear it all in mind, give it serious consideration to decide what to do in long term and what is best for you, but until you make that decision, enjoy it. It is fun. :)
  19. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Something else to consider, guys, P&B was very fulfilling in his decriptions of his feelings; not only for her, but pre-her, and w/o her as well. It seems that the term for the day is "crush", and this might be unfortunate.

Though, crushes are very real, they tend to psychologically note something not. P&B might have a crush, but, more importantly, he has found something/someone (one poster called a muse), that/who has come into his life and fulfilled some things (perhaps including, but other than a crush), and he has been able to very healthily understand and adopt these things into his new life.

Keep it up, dude. As long as you and she remain on the same page, you're golden. I like it.

Not to much to be done post Bolero or Tango syndrome, though. :)

20. Angel, well said.

To those who would warn me of the dangers, I get and appreciate your point but I'm not a starry-eyed teenager. Not worried about crush turning into crash. The day will inevitably come when one of us moves on and we dance for the last time. I'll handle it and dance with someone else.