The Innocent Crush, another perspective

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by PretzelsAndBeer, Sep 30, 2008.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

roflmao...

darlin', wake the sleeping beast at your own peril... heh.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

:cool:I think dh would contend that it simply isn't possible with me anyhow:rolleyes:
  3. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Ay carumba, did I just have my chakra awakened! Interesting to see things from a "teacher's" perspective, especially with a really attractive student. Good learning experience and safe cuz her hubby is one BIG dude and I need my vertebrae intact to dance. (And Nucat Don't Play Dat anyway.)

Is it like 105 degrees in here??? Phew.
  4. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I'd use the energy and put it into your dancing. Think of your teacher as a 'power-up' :D

Okay I know that's a carp reply but just play it cool - at least you'll be smiling when you dance :)
  5. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Best solution is to use that energy to dance better with your pro, and use that dancing to impress the single hottie whose dancing with HER pro on floor next to you and watching you dance. Least, that's my theory, have yet to make that one work out way I wanted yet. ;)
  6. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I might go to one of those 'relaxing' holiday places and learn some Tango one day.

There might be a female type Patrick Swayze version. Mmmm she could lift me up in a lake and we could dance... apart from the bit where I'm left in the corner talking to the plants and drinking Bucks Fizz

/keeps dreaming.
  7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Nobody puts Bunny in the corner? :)
  8. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

You say that as if it were a bad thing. I, me, myself - what could be better than such a fabulous polyamorous open-relationship that I can walk out of anytime I want? To top it all, they can all dance! :rolleyes:
  9. Angel HI

Angel HI Active Member

Poor P&B......

See what you started? :)
  10. Chiron

Chiron New Member

Or see if you can work it out with the other pro so that you can flirt with each others ladies while dancing. It's always fun to flirt with another guys lady after he leads her in a fan towards you.
  11. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

This is my theory as well... and I'm sticking to it! :)
  12. Laura

Laura New Member

Or Foxtrot to certain songs.
  13. Laura

Laura New Member

Where does the nausea and insomnia fit in?
  14. Laura

Laura New Member

Multiple crushes of different intensities and styles can be fun.
  15. Laura

Laura New Member

Or, instead of this whole crush thing, just come clean early about what you feel and what you want and see if the other person is interested. Can save months of skulking around, and if it doesn't work out then you can't say it was because you didn't try. But you have to be willing to totally have the whole thing crash and burn for this approach. And if your crush is on someone inappropriate -- meaning someone who you can't use this approach on -- then it's probably a really good idea to not do anything that will prolong the course of the crush. They're kind of like viral infections that way.
  16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

stomach merid, mebbe... stirring up feelings that don't sit well with you, mebbe some old icky associations.

pull up a couch and tell me about it. ;)

(y'mean, you're not relaxing blissfully on a hawaiian beach???)
  17. Laura

Laura New Member

I'm blissfully sitting in the terminal at Honolulu waiting for my flight home.
  18. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

How can leaving Hawaii so quickly be blissful?!?
  19. Laura

Laura New Member

Because I have absolutely no reason to be here other than to dance in the comp. I'm here alone, I don't need to take the time off, I really just came to dance. This could be Boston for all I care (same distance on the plane, too). You can read my blog to see my thoughts on Waikiki in general.

Some other time I'll come and after the comp go to another island for a few days, or go further west to Micronesia, but I just didn't feel like it this trip.
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

that was indeed a quick trip...