The Innocent Crush, another perspective

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by PretzelsAndBeer, Sep 30, 2008.

1. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Yes! I have SEEN THE LIGHT!!!

So Sam and Fas, you know I love you but I love NJDG too.

2. Yep. Poke a stick in a hornet's nest then stand back and watch the festivities.

But somebody please let me in on this Bolero joke.
  3. etp777

etp777 Active Member

4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

lol, yeah, me either. Don't do it yet, but was thinking about asking pro to start learning it after this comp as a break from my regulardances. So much for that idea. :) May I'll learn VW, or go back and try WCS again (only done it oin one class and half of one lesson, another time I needed a change of pace)
  5. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Wait... I thought bolero was part of the comp thing... I don't even compete and pro has me work on Bolero every so often... what dances are you competing in??
  6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

There's something like 14 possible dances. I'm just competing the 7 in MY syllabus/program. :) Waltz, tango, foxtrot, rumba, swing, chacha and mambo. At various times I've also dabbled in west coast, merengue (which pro jokingly said we were changing all our entries to because of her toe :) ), hustle, salsa, paso, samba and viennese, but they're not one of my main dances I work on.

Actually, looks like 15 possibilities if you add in bolero, and 16 when we get the AT syllabus and start that.
  7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

You can compete in as many or as few of the dances as you want though. dependent on how good you are at saying no to your pro. Which is why you'll probably copmete all 16. ;)
  8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

You're such a flirt. *grin*
  9. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

HA! You're funny! If you only knew!!! I turn down WAY more than I agree to!!! Although when it comes to learning...he doesn't accept "no" in any form or language (I've tried "no" in like seven languages... doesn't work) :p One of these days he'll be wrong on the learning front though... I'm just waiting for it...I don't like being wrong all the time!
  10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I think you missed the point of what I was saying. In my scenerio, you don't get to be in any relationships, open and/or otherwise. You get to be all by your fabulous lonesome.

Happy trails!
  11. P&B's Crush. Part 2

Don't worry, I'm not going to write a soap opera. Feeling a bit under the weather this evening (it'll pass) so I was rereading some of my old posts. I revisited my first post in which I expounded on my crush-like feelings for my teacher back in September. I thought an update is in order. I'm too computertarded to link to the thread, but search for "innocent crush" if you want to do your own research.

My goodness, I poured it out, didn't I? An uncharacteristic outburst but I stand by it. There were many passionate responses, both encouraging comments and well-meant warnings. All of them were appreciated.

So what, if anything, has changed in the intervening six months? My feelings have perhaps matured, for lack of a better word, and at the same time deepened. The rose colored glasses are off. I recognize that there are more experienced teachers, more beautiful women (but not many) and if you were to intensely interview half a million people chances are close to even you would find one incrementally more charming.

But when I go into the studio and see that smile, and see those eyes, I still feel like I'm in the presence of something almost supernatural. We spend fifty minutes together once or twice a week, holding hands for most of it, and I feel physically, emotionally, and even spiritually enriched afterward. Reading that again it sounds nutty but I'm not poet enough to put it any better than that.

As I said previously, the day will come when I and my Angel on Earth dance for the last time. That day may come in about four months (though not necessarily). What I hope for is that at some far future date when she is telling her grandkids about her wild and crazy days as a dance instructor, if she remembers me at all I hope she will remember me as an imperfect but basically decent man. What I hope to remember when I'm toothless and doddering is that way back in the day I was touched by an angel. And she liked me. Yes, I know it's her business, but I believe she genuinely likes her students.

Knowing that someone like her exists makes the world seem like a place I want to continue being a part of. She has done far more for me than she will ever know. And I feel like, or at least I hope, that the little time I have spent with this amazing and breathtakingly beautiful woman has made me a better man. Too soon to tell, but I have hope.

Thanks for reading, DF. Carry on.
  12. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I'm both happy and sorry for you after reading your passage - the sorry is not a sympathy at all, its a romantic sorry that you do not have an angel such as that of your very own for surely, writing with such honesty and simplicity you do deserve one....
  13. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

Yeah I'm moved as well. And of course envious. Seems the older you get the fewer the crushes so when one comes along it's something special. And in my view there are some people (a very few) who are just so amazing that they *should* be "worshipped". In a I-hope-it's-not-obvious-but-I-really-like-this-person way ...

You old dog you ;)
  14. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Sometimes real angels come in rather plain packages. But you have to be willing to take a look at what's inside that plain wrapper.
  15. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

honestly I just want to run away from this thread as fast as I can and take you with me....I hope you stay as blissfully enthralled...I really do...wrings hands...best to you p and b...now making hasty exit
  16. elisedance

elisedance New Member

.....something tells me (not least F's post) that there is much more to this thread than meets the virtual paper..... do I smell tragedy?...
  17. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Member

I didn't read all the replies, but here goes:

'Muse'?
    'Angel on Earth'?
    You're in the presence of 'something supernatural'?

Oh brother......
    I feel for you, OP, but trust me, the absolute best thing you can do is banish this woman from your mind and find one who can/will/wants to actually reciprocate your emotions.
    I know, I know, this is like saying go find a unicorn in a factory in Cleveland, but it must be done, since your Dance Goddess obviously ain't it.
    Good luck.
  18. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

Sounds to me like you need to read the original post(s) :)
  19. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I think it depends upon what p and b defines as tragedy...if he is okay with worshipping from afar for an indefinate period of time and with a lesser sentiment in return...it may just stay lovely for as long as he dances with her...which he has already stated might end (at least for a while) for some family reasons in the near future...but...well...it takes a strong soul to keep that sort of affection from turning into pain...and I wish him the best on it:notworth:...I failed miserably:rolleyes: and I consider myself pretty doggone tough...but i am only a sample of one