The Innocent Crush, another perspective

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by PretzelsAndBeer, Sep 30, 2008.

1. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

I just got finished reading this whole thread, including your most recent posts, and now *I'm* stuck on *you*.

Your finest moment, afaic: You used the word "conflated."

Correctly.

And you dance.

:notworth:

<swoon>

FWIW, I think your crush is completely delicious and I hope you enjoy every last juicy, glorious drop. You sound like a real grown up.

<swoon>

Signed, Lapsed English Teacher

2. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

My apologies: I meant the above post to be a PM. Thus the dangers of emailing in the bar at the end of a long long day.

OT: is there anyway to retract a post after making it?

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

if there was a need a mod could delete it...but there really isn't

4. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Make it two.

But I just spent the better part of the evening with someone real and emotionally available. She went shopping for a washing machine with me of all things. It feels 100 times better than an unreciprocated crush and tomorrow we dance...

5. elisedance

elisedance New Member

6. fascination

good for you nucat....and as for me...I remembered that I am married to one of those keepers

7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Been there, done that. :p

8. elisedance

elisedance New Member

don't get innocent crushes any more....

;)

9. etp777

etp777 Active Member

ok,well, I don't claim the inoccent part... ;)

10. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Ask her to be your AM partner - you should be at each other's throats in no time flat...

11. etp777

etp777 Active Member

haha, possibility or two for that, but trying to avoid ddrama involved there. :p Plus not compltely confident that my lead is up to it. Though most likely prospect is planning to do same FA comp I'm doing later this year, so no extra entry fees....

12. fascination

BOT please ;)

13. etp777

etp777 Active Member

:p Fine, fine, I'll behave.

14. fascination

I think it less distracting to lurkers and newbs to have to wade through too much OT banter....beyond that, what I prefer is irrelevant;)...and now, BOT

15. 2totango

2totango New Member

Perhaps, as one poster mentioned before, that continued exposure to P&B's instructor will slowly make him realize (as he started to mention in his most recent post), that she is a wonderful person, but still just a person, and not the Angel on Earth he originally thought.
    As an aside, I had a crush on my instructor, too, when I started, but continued exposure to him and admiration of his wife led me to think him a good instructor and person, but no longer crush material.
    P&B, if you are ever in Ohio, I so want to meet you!

16. Warren J. Dew

Warren J. Dew Well-Known Member

Special, perhaps - but not necessarily in a good way. Personally, I'm delighted not to have had a crush for decades. Relationships based on mutual friendship are so much better.

I would also note that one can acknowledge and enjoy the fact that someone else is a wonderful person without having a crush on them.

17. Bella

Bella New Member

A crush - the butterflies and unexplainable smiles..... :)

18. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Or a bad chilli dog for lunch...

19. fascination

spurt....would rather stick my hand into a running food processor

20. fascination

amen