The Innocent Crush, another perspective

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by PretzelsAndBeer, Sep 30, 2008.

1. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

Sounds like some people can have a crush, accept it for what it is, and enjoy the nice feelings it creates. I can. But it's when you really want the crush to become a relationship that it hurts. I've had those, too.
  2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

unrequited crushes... the worst.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

or even if your head doesn't want the relationship but the rest of you is having trouble obeying your head...don't get me wrong...I am thrilled for people who can enjoy it...if that is also the end game...thrilled
  4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Definitely been both ways. Unrequited and it hurts, and just a fun time. Also, have had crushes lead me to get to know someone better and then end up with a relationship built on friendship, as someone else mentioned (sorry, it's on another page and too lazy to look). THat was the best. :) Ended up not lasting, but still my best friend.
  5. LovingIt28

LovingIt28 New Member

Wow, brilliant insight and relevation!
  6. LovingIt28

LovingIt28 New Member

Nice thread which I have read in entirety.

OP - how about an update please :)

I have mixed feelings about the topic. I applaud the OP for his description of his feelings. You sir are a poet!!!

As for the feeling though, this is an issue that frustrates me in dance. It is I guess the beauty of dance above other past times but it in a sense makes a dance teacher a prostitute. Not physically (but sometimes) but emotionally. As in people pay them for the connection. For the interaction.

This I see as an issue as people masquerade behind dance when truly it is something else they require. Dance is just the form. Risky as dance communities can be ripped apart or never built from this shaky foundation.

That said I respect that dance attracts many people for many reasons and sometimes its just nice to have them :)

So what is everyone's thoughts on this subject?
  7. Throwaway Overshare

Throwaway Overshare New Member

Nope, those you get over.

Try mutually requited, but not enacted...
  8. DL

DL Well-Known Member

"A man may sometimes be forgiven the kiss to which he is not entitled,
    but never the kiss he has not the initiative to claim."
  9. fascination

teacher or student; I think there are some who are players and some who are victims and some who are just innocent people who slowly found themselves in a difficult scenario for a variety of reasons
  10. fascination

I think worse would be not knowing whether it was mutual or not
  11. fascination

that is a wise observation
  12. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Ain' that the truth.
  13. Me

Me New Member

See, this is where I get into trouble. I always have to find out whether it is mutual or not. Otherwise I'll just always wander around, kicking myself for not asking.

But, I am fortunate in that I have not found myself in a situation where the gentleman in question was "off limits" in some way (my boss, married, etc). So I've just always gone for it. :D
  14. fascination

well...I am off limits, but it is much harder to try to navigate something in the dark than to know what you are dealing with, IMO...and just b/c you seek an answer doesn't mean you get one
  15. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

Without reading the whole thing, my personal opinion on the excess emotional energy is - enjoy it and let it dissipate. Warm fuzzies are great, enjoy them while they last.

P.S. I really admire your Long's Peak achievement. My parents did it twice, but I admit it's beyond my hiking abilities.
  16. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Oh! That is the right word. I want to be someone's muse too~~~~ I envy his teacher!!!!
  17. fascination

careful what you ask for
  18. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I'd like to be the muse part, not so much the subject of a crush.

Actually, depends on who it is that has crush. ;)
  19. fascination

welll...there ya go...the devil is in the details
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

thanks, lovingIt. :)