The Shopping / Buying Thread !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, May 21, 2010.

1. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Subliminal

Subliminal, where I went is not an arcade per se, but a huge entertainment center that also has a restaurant-bar, lots of pool tables, bowling lanes, and a huge arcade area. Yeah, I like Rock Band, too!

:rocker:

As for what sometimes happens to those RDR villains at your hands: *lol*
  2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Subliminal, I've decided to get RDR, based upon what you said about it!
  3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i'm not a shopper/buyer. i have very simple, clear values and just don't buy stuff that doesn't fit into them, pretty much not ever. anything extra would go toward dance. and there's a long list of priorities before i get to that on my list...

a bottle of red wine for the weekend sounds like it might warrant some bills from my pocket, tho. :)
  4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Wine is always on my shopping list... From time to time, I'm going to log my grocery shopping here...

I really need to get a few more--as the last grocery item that I got was the aforementioned box of Tic Tacs!

Meanwhile, I am really enjoying my other new book:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

My Grocery Shopping for Next Time?

I gotta buy groceries this week. I've not been home much during the last big push of the Spring semester.

My staples include:

1. plain yogurt.
    2. veggies and fruits.
    3. lentils and black beans.
    4. brown rice.
    5. udon noodles.
    6. a couple of bottles of wine.
    7. some beer.
    8. gum, mints, and Tic Tacs.
    9. pasta.
    10. soy milk.
    11. firm tofu.
    12. cashews, almonds, and pistachios.
    13. I always forget what else I'll need--I'll figure that out when I get to the store!

Some recent purchases: a stack of DVDs, and some Tic Tacs...

Drinks for friend Jenny's 26th birthday (Coors Lites, bottle of Amaretto, and bottle of Frangelico)...

A couple of books: 1001 Smartest Things Teachers Ever Said and God's Little Instruction Book for the Class of 2010...

gracie, what you said about this parrot is still making me smile and smile and smile! :) THANKS!

3wishes, this from you, too!
  6. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Two books for possible critical analysis:
    Eva Luna - Isabel Allende
    The Cellist of Sarajevo - Steven Galloway.

Both brilliant. The latter, however, is not quite was I'm after. Going to stick to analysing Eva Luna.
  7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To the Fabulous Lioness...

Lioness, as I'm about to start the Summer semester, I've needed to buy some books for school, as well...

Right now, I just bought a vanilla hazelnut coffee and a sesame-dipped bagel as I relax at the cafe by the college...
  8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Earlier today: A kilo of grapes and a banana.
  9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Lioness, I am going to the market today to pick up a lot of fruits and veggies among my groceries. You reminded me to not forget the grapes!

:)
  10. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Bought two paintings, a vinyl sticker/stencil, and some primer to just about finish decorating my bedroom.

Today goinig to look for dining room furniture and last thing I needhere for bedroom wall
  11. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To His Excellence, ETP!

ETP, can't wait to see what it will all finally look like! :cheers:
  12. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Lioness, did you get purple grapes or green grapes?

I have a lot of fruits and veggies to buy. I'll join you in the continued healthy eating...
  13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

okay...here goes...yesterday: nearly five hundred dollars in groceries...and we aren't done...for the kid's three day open house this coming weekend...have to make another trip for fresh items and booze on thursday...oy...then of course, with him in Africa, all of our bills will be going WAY down...
  14. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Wow fasc, I didn't even consider what that was going to cost you guys. Better do box-o and plastic jugs of vodka and rum, and leave the booze at that. :)
  15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Fasc, you're doing better than me! Fridge and pantry are calling out to me. I need to go the market soon! :)
  16. fascination

well...I have to feed a very large extended family and a good portion of the Indiana College Democrats that son has invited...no politcal jabs from the peanut gallery :)
  17. fascination

the boy favors rum and beer...obviously we always have wine on hand...cheap and expensive
  18. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Not from me--I'm a neutral, independent, swing voter!!! :spam:

Oh, that reminds me! I need to add peanuts to my grocery shopping today!

:)
  19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

hahahahah,r ead that as indiana challenge democrats. Was wondering what politicial affiliation had to do with dancing. Well, besides russian vs italian vs english politics in international.
  20. fascination

lolz...you know you're addicted when...