The Shopping / Buying Thread !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, May 21, 2010.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Purple. I love both, but purple appear to be in season, they were on special, and they looked oh so good.

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

This morning, I got a dozen sesame-dipped bagels from the local place, along with some vanilla hazelnut coffee (black)...

Yesterday night, at the entertainment center, I got a bottle of Coors Lite and credits to play Guitar Hero and other games. Great fun!

:banana:

3. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Lioness...

Lioness, Your post reminded me yesterday to get lots of grapes. Yes, they are so good!

:bouncy:

4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Bought new dining room table and chairs yesterday, along with a placemat and some nice little glass prep bowls, to help p retty up my food pictures

5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To His Excellence, ETP...

ETP, can't wait to see the upcoming pix! :banana:

Oh, and congrats to your Chicago Blackhawks (taking out our San Jose Sharks, alas)!!!

6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oooh, nice, etp. Can't wait to see pictures!

Our dining set is one of the best (cheap) investments we made, really. I love the set--it's a combination of dark, espress-colored stained wood and light golden/natural colored wood. Nice, clean lines. Matching sideboard/liquor cabinet. It's usually a rectangular table that seats 4-6, but it can be expanded to become a square table that seats 8. The best part is that the leaf stores right in the table...just fold it up, tuck it under, and push the table back together. Love it! (If only the chairs were more comfortable.)

7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Peaches, Wonderful...

Peaches, your dining set sounds lovely! Even more so, with all the great food that you have described in other threads! :)

8. Peaches

And it was dirt cheap. $400 for the table, 8 chairs and sideboard. Delivered. Yeah, baby! (Too bad we pretty much never use it. LOL.)

9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

We're making rotisserie rosemary herb chicken this evening, with broccoli--so I bought all the ingredients for that. Along with a bottle of wine...

I also bought several MP3's from Amazon, including several Samba songs to dance to at a Friday night social!

:banana:

10. Peaches

I feel like I've got a strange love/hate relationship with shopping. On one level, I love it and I can't say why. And it's been so long that I've just gone shopping for fun that I miss it and I really want to go. OTOH, I have issues with buying things that I don't need, or to replace perfectly useful things I've already got just because the new thing is bigger/shinier/newer/better.

The other week I bought two necklace and earring sets--one for me, one for my mom. Both gorgeous.

11. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Peaches, me, I prefer to buy things for other people (as gifts, or to fulfill a need, like braces for my younger cousin). Buy things that I will consume as a necessity, like food. And buy experiences that I can treasure...

12. Peaches

I like your philosophy. I like buying things for people that they won't buy for themselves. For ex, a couple of years ago I bought my mom a mani/pedi. She'd wanted to have one done, but couldn't justify the money. It made me happy to do that for her. (And I got one for me at the same time. Not because I wanted it so much, but because it was a fun mother-daughter thing.)

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i buy strictly consumable gifts for others (food, wine, health & body care products, candles, etc) unless i know it is specifically something they want. or i am very, very sure that it will be appreciated and find a useful place in their home.

who needs more crap...

14. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Lioness...

Lioness, I really enjoyed my purple grapes. I like how they just burst with flavor in the mouth...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Groceries for the Week...

I finally got to the market. And I got:

1. plain yogurt.
    2. veggies and fruits (including the grapes that Lioness helped remind me to get).
    3. mint leaves.
    4. lentils, black-eyed peas, and black beans.
    5. brown rice.
    6. udon noodles.
    7. three bottles of wine.

[​IMG]

8. beer.
    9. gum, mints, and Tic Tacs.
    10. pasta.
    11. soy milk.
    12. firm tofu.
    13. cashews, almonds, peanuts, and pistachios.
    14. corn tortillas.
    15. ground turkey.
    16. and all the ingredients for a rotisserie herb chicken!

[​IMG]

16. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

But those ones have seeds in them :p

I need my seedless grapes. Otherwise I eat the seed accidentally.

17. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

:oops: :)

[​IMG]

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

oh yum... those grapes. yumm... roast chicken. yummmm... AV cab!

19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I know! :banana:

20. Peaches

Inspired by a spate of good music I heard the other night driving home:

From iTunes:

"Authority Song" and "Hurts So Good" by John Mellencamp
    "Load Out" and "Stay" by Jackson Browne (unfortunately, not a live version)
    "Hey Soul Sister" by Train
    "Gives You Hell" by The All-American Rejects