The Shopping / Buying Thread !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, May 21, 2010.

1. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

As for my new batch of perfume Sun Moon Stars (by Karl Lagerfeld) that I got, I also like its ethereal-looking bottle: w w w . beautyencounter . com / 688575008906. html

And can't wait to hear what new man-huntin' (and man-keepin'?) clothes you find today! ;)

2. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

A new beach blanket!

3. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

H&M is the only place I find things my style. I hate their jeans though I get those at NY&Co. Their clothes are more geared toward realistic bodies.

Got some cute tops and skirts and hope I can get some wear out of them before the end of the season. I don't go out A LOT but then a lot of times I do not go out because I have nothing to wear that looks cute.

Really cute purple satin open-toe pumps.

4. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Your new clothes sound absolutely cute, wonderwoman!

Me, I'm a jeans girl. I love them all! I've got jeans with holes in them and I have nicer jeans. I've got casual ones and I've got dressy jeans. And Low-rise, boot-cut, well-fitting jeans. I've got all kinds! :)

5. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

skinny dark blue jeans are the best, you can wear anything with them and look casual or dressed up

6. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

I agree!

7. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

Shopping in preparation for the upcoming Grand Canyon white-water rafting trip ...

Prior to this weekend: A "camelback" backpack for the day hikes. On previous trips I either put my water bottles into my day pack (hard to get to) or hung them from the pack (easy to get to, but having them swinging free was annoying). Two "quick-dry" shirts for on the river, because I didn't have enough on previous trips. A sketchbook and pencils, for an illustrated journal. (DH will use the same journal we used on the previous trips, but it has lined paper ... bad for sketches.)

This weekend ... the final bits: A waterproof bag just the right size to hold the sketchbook and pencils. A water bottle (one of mine got destroyed by the end of the last trip). Even more sunscreen ... I don't want to run out of sunscreen. Finally, a sundress. I have been looking for weeks for the right one. I intend to wear it almost every evening of the over-two-week trip (we have to pack light), so it has to be comfortable, not show dirt ... and it has to look decent in the videos we plan to make of us dancing on the beaches to the sounds of our string quartet. The one I found is not quite long enough to fully protect the back of my legs when I sit, but it's close enough ...

8. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

How exciting! I love the Grand Canyon! And I commend you for such thorough preparation!

Enjoy! :)

9. Laurie

Laurie New Member

Zhena, it sounds like you have a wonderful time ahead of you, at the Grand Canyon!

10. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

delicious strawberries! :)

11. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

don't forget the double cream!

12. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

flashdance thanks for reminding me! Now I won't forget! :)

13. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Zhena, I'm sure your Grand Canyon white-water rafting trip will be a grand adventure! :bouncy:

14. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Today? A PSP. Birthday gift for DS. Dear Son, not Nintendo DS.

Not sure why he doesn't want the PSP GO, which is the newest technology. But whatever. He gets what he wants ... today.

15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

pygmalion, Happy Birthday to your son! And I am sure that he will be truly delighted with his birthday present! :bouncy:

16. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

pygmalion that is wonderful! Happy Birthday to your DS! :applause:

Today I picked up a lot of fresh fruit, including grapes, strawberries, and melon.

17. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I so can't do skinny jeans...they look wrong on me. I do like bootcut jeans though. I live in mine.

Today, I bought another book - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. Third book in the Millenium series by Steig Larsson.

18. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Lioness what is that book about?

19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

GREAT book Lioness. Bit slow in some parts as he has to give history to make it all make more sense, particularly to those of us who aren't Swedish, so don't necessarily know events in their recent history that his Swedish readers would already know, but was a great read

20. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

ETP and Lioness, sounds like one I should check out. Thx! :cheers: