The Shopping / Buying Thread !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, May 21, 2010.

1. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

40 more gross of rhinestones... yes, I know I have a problem.
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Correct. Not enough dresses to stone. :wink: :lol:
  3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

My shopping deals yesterday:

- At Target: bought Olay Regenerist eye cream (on sale for $20.24; had $5 coupon) and got a Cover Girl lipstick ($5.94; but free with purchase of Olay product; actually, less than free, because the sale clerk credited me for the full value of the coupon, $8.99)

- At Target: bought two Schick Quarto disposable razor packages ($6.89 each; had $1 coupon for one and buy one get one free coupon for the other; but second one was less than free, because the sales clerk credited me for the full value of the coupon, $10.50)

- At Kroger: bought two tubes of Crest toothpaste (on sale for $1; free with coupons that Kroger doubled)
  4. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Sephora has started their wonderful holiday specials. I want so many of the pallettes and collections. I just love that kind of thing, but I can't and won't buy everything I want. I have narrowed it down to two. Shopping online is fabulous and dangerous.
  5. pygmalion

This. It doesn't feel like you're actually spending money ... until you're broke.
  6. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Friday

Franny's Hallmark - bought Vera Bradley lunchbag in Lime's Up, as well as assorted Hallmark Christmas paper and trims; received large bag of goodies for free as part of Hallmark promotion; bag included small Yankee candle in Peppermint Bark, Hallmark Christmas ornament, red serving platter, and pen and paper set

Sunday

Bath & Body Works - bought Cashmere sugar scrub and plum mini-candle on clearance; received cinnamon and clove mini-candle free with coupon as well as Pink Chiffon shower gel free with coupon
  7. chachachacat

8. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I will not shop at Ohio Star Ball, I cannot afford to shop at Ohio Star Ball, I will not shop at Ohio Star Ball....

(Okay, I WILL talk to Randall about the Latin dress, though if I do Indiana Challenge I don't have TIME to sell it and get a new one. And I do need to find heel protectors that fit my smooth shoes before I destroy the heels on these.)
  9. danceronice

I lie. Like a dog. Like a rug. (SOMEONE TALK ME OUT OF A NEW LATIN DRESS NO MATTER HOW CUTE.)
  10. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Tell me about it, I love makeups!!! Bought a few things with my 20% off coupon, tried a few eye palettes, have to say although the Sephora palettes seem to be more variety and better value, the UD (Urban Decay) palettes are still my favorites! The UD palettes colors are more vibrant and higher pigmented, easier and smoother to apply on.
  11. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Btw, bought UD fun palettes this time, it rocks! Can't stop my rave with this brand. I basically just had to force myself get the hell out of Sephora before causing any more serious damage, Lol.
  12. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Case if wine (2 each of three different Beaujolais nouveau, 2 petite Syrah, 2 Sauvignon blanc, 1 Spanish garnacha, 1 Italian blend). Bottle of Skyy vodka, bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin, bottle if Balvenie 12-year Double Barrel single malt.

Admittedly, I bought the Skyy and Bombay Sapphire for the bottles themselves. Not that I ibject either to gin or vodka.

There is nothing wrong with buying for the container! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (Next up: a ginger liqueur, and Tanqueray No. 10.)
  13. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

I will buy 3 flavors of BelleMeade Plantation Wine/Nashville TN.
    Yesterday, we purchased TV Media Console/Bookcase combo, Desk/Bookcase combo, two - endtable/2drawer filing cabinets from IKEA - in white - for our empty den/GS#2/office room. The combined total cost was less than that of just a wood TV console from a furniture store (believe me, we've been all over looking), had all the furniture together in less than 90 minutes,,,,WOW, and I'm lovin it. SAVED A TON of money too!
  14. danceronice

Had to buy the only kind of false lashes I could find at the local Rite-Aid, which turned out to be NYC's self-adhesives. Cheapest I have ever bought, and actually....easiest to use I've ever worn! Went on easy, stayed on (though I did reinforce with lash glue.) And they looked like they were supposed to. Stayed on until I got home. Managed to get out of the makeup aisle with just that...and eye shadow that matched the stoning of my dress, and a lip stain...I have a makeup problem. I need a 12-step program.

Today: I swear, I only went in the grocery store for milk and to TSC for cat food. I did not mean to come out with dog food, horse treats (Lucky's Christmas present-he'll run anyone over for peppermints), wrapping paper (TSC has cow paper! It's cute!), sampler packs of coffee, ice cream (Breyer was on sale at Martin's!), and sliced mushrooms (I was specifically NOT buying produce as I am all stocked up but they were on sale and they will go well in a pasta sauce!) I'm just glad I didn't come out of TSC with a puppy. They had a local rescue group there and the puppies were adorable!

Next, I need to sort out where to find a chest freezer..and where to put it in my house. That or I really need to start cooking meat faster and not making it into soups and stews that in turn get frozen....
    3wishes likes this.
  15. chachachacat

Yes, Urban Decay is soo good. I think their 24/7 eye pencil is my absolute favorite!
  16. chachachacat

I got my birthday present from Sephora and I love it!! Their little trick has worked! TWO fresh SUGAR lip balms! They are so lemony!!!! And WONDERFUL! They smell delicious, and the Rose is a nice amount of color. Thanks, Sephora! Thanks, fresh! OX
  17. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Damage at OSB...two pair of court shoes and one pair of practice shoes...I am not going to feel guilty about it because I haven't bought dance shoes in over two years...
  18. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

All this talk about Sephora makes me want to go there to shop. Maybe Sephora will be a Black Friday destination.
  19. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to buy a wine chiller thingie for my husband for Christmas and ended up buying three small pictures for the kitchen as well. $5 off coupon didn't quite cover it...
  20. pygmalion

That's why they give you the $5 off coupon. Just sayin ... ;)