The Shopping / Buying Thread !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, May 21, 2010.

1. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Today I bought two bundles of ornamental swirly twigs that you put in large floor vases to look festive. The cafeteria was having a remodeling sale, and the bundles were $1 each. That's a steal, because they look great. I might add a few glitter swirly twigs for the holidays.
  2. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

This rocks.
    Heading to FreeStyle Cruise with NCL out of Miami - January 18th for 3 nights. Paid for with my Sick Time/Vacation Time payout from the City. (Stepmothers 75th Birthday).
    This morning, married that trip with Virgin America, points redeemtion plan, from last February (redeem points up to 18 months after air fare is booked) for Round Trip Air Fare LAX to Fort Lauderdale - total cost for me and DH...$10 dollars.
    YEP, $10 bucks. 2 people round trip. THENNNNNN married that air fare with
    Holiday Inn Timeshare 60th Anniversary Rollout - 3 nights/4 days in Orlando/Kissamee up to 5 people in the room - for FREE (2 hour presentation, but hey we've been looking into this regardless) and this is unadvertised special deal.
    Then rental car, redeem points for Florida Vacation Hotel/Cruise - taxes only 82 bucks.
    Car+AirFare= 92 bucks. Cruise - paid for with payout from the City -
    Now,,, to get gift cards for "meals" from Wells Fargo gift card redeemtion program...YES!!! Biggest score of lifetime...
    and proably the cheapest vacation ever!
    LEAPS FOR JOY.
    pygmalion likes this.
  3. 3wishes

Sears is having their internet sale this morning, day after Christmas.
    I've been without threadmill for over a year now, and it shows!
    Solo Threadmill on sale...will...have....to....buy....seriously discounted....YES YES YES!
  4. Wannabee

Wannabee Active Member

I am waiting until I hit a very significant weight-loss goal. And once I do, I have decided to have a smooth dress made from my dress-maker. The holidays gave me a bit of a setback, but I'm excited to get back on track. Slow and steady wins the race, and at the finish line, a sparkly, rhinestone covered sensation (likely in red lol).
    3wishes likes this.
  5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

To the Bahamas? On Norwegian Sky? That's just what we did! (Except we did the 4-night cruise.)

If you're headed to the Bahamas, DO NOT MISS GOLD ROCK BEACH on Grand Bahama Island. Well, if it's a nice day and you like sun and ocean and beach and stuff. But if you do...Do.Not.Miss.It.
  7. 3wishes

Yes, Peaches, NCL Norweigan Sky. We did this cruise last year in February for my bio-dad 80th,,,and it was a great family reunion as well. This time we will be going January 18th weekend.
    This year it's for his wifes 75th she loved it so much. This time, we are getting a cabana on the beach at Grand Cay...and it's still a family reunion of sorts, my little sister, her DH and family just moved back to Florida after living 9 years in Vienna Austria....
    Love it. Thanks for the tips.
  8. 3wishes

purchased! solo threadmill from sears, seriously discounted, even with delivery and set up, i am sooooo excited to have my own threadmill again, saturday will see lots of getting to know my feet, threadmill and goals again!
  9. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Yesterday I bought a new TV....
    The TV had everything I wanted except it also had 3D which was not on my wish list.
    So in the store my husband and I google the TV to make sure we could turn the 3D off, OK no problem.

Well after all, this 3D stuff is fun... We had to try it out so we put the glasses on and go to on demand and watched Nemo in 3D, very very cool. So it got me to thinking.... It is a smart TV and I can get to my youtube page. OMG, how horrible it would be to watch a comp video on this TV and see me jumping out of the TV with horrible technique...

Some things are better left simple!
    pygmalion likes this.
  10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I bought DS a t-shirt that says Bazinga! Now I'm tempted to steal it for myself. :)