The Spaghetti Sauce Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Sep 24, 2007.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Agreed...unnecessary, and you don't wanna boil it or it's gonna separate.

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I don't boil it, (Ye gods!) but I do heat it slowly and gently. I have scorched a sauce or two (hundred) in my day. Double boiler takes very little effort and is worth it to me, for insurance.

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Whatever makes ya happy, P. But I still say it's overkill. :)

4. pygmalion

Perhaps. It's a throw back to days as a teen making big old Sunday dinners mostly by myself. All four burners and two ovens going, usually. And this was back in the day, when I didn't have every small, convenient appliance known to man. Every little bit of insurance helped.

And just to clear up the whole double boiler thingie, the water in the bottom pot boils with a vengeance, but you'd have to try very hard to get the stuff in the top pot to boil at all. There's not that much heat transferred. That's the whole point of using the double boiler.

5. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Peaches would do the job just as well, her simmering look would do the job nicely;)

6. pygmalion

Silly! I'll keep that in mind, next time I want to make sauce. But I'll tell you what. I'd be careful if Peaches has to deal with any unnecessary bureaucracy when she's saucing it up. Alfredo sauce at an instant boil. hehe *ducks and runs*

bordertangoman likes this.