The Spaghetti Sauce Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Sep 24, 2007.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

romance over the spaghetti pot... now that's something i could get behind...
  2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It could get very...messy. ;)
  3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

'ts'all good... heh
  4. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Ok got the recipe.

Spaghetti Sauce:
    12oz tom. paste
    29oz tom. puree
    30 oz tom. sauce
    6 bay leaves
    little black pepper
    little sugar
    red pepper to taste
    whole large onion, peeled
    garlic salt or fresh
    pork neck or 4-5 pork chops

Cook up 4-5 pork chops or a pork neck for 15 min in microwave oven, add to sauce and let simmer 3-4 hours. Add equal amts of water to paste, puree and sauce. Add onion whole. Remove bay leaves, pork bones before serving.

Meatballs:
    1-1.5 lbs of ground beef or chuck
    1 onion chopped fine
    2 lrg eggs
    little salt/pepper
    1-1.5 Cups breadcrumbs
    5 pieces of bread
    1/3 cup cold water

In a large bown mix beef, onion, eggs, s/p. Pour in breadcrumbs. Wet bread and pull apart. Mix together and add water, mix again. Roll up meatballs, about 10-11 and cook in a pyrex dish for 15 min. Add to sauce and let simmer.

*Add water to meatballs before microwaving to prevent them from drying out.
  5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Are the chops part of the sauce?
  6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Sounds amazing lcdancesport. Pour that over some whole wheat noodles, and you can make it for me when I get back. I'll bring the vino this time. ;)
  7. lcdancesport

Yes, except I believe with all the simmering the meat will become part of the sauce, giving it good flavor. I haven't made it yet myself, but I'll have to ask my dad if he cuts the meat up before putting it in the sauce or just puts in the cut whole.
  8. lcdancesport

Yum, as long as its rigatoni. Vino sounds splendid, I'll even make homemade garlic bread with my breadmaker!
  9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I would think that with only 3-4 hours of simmering that whole chops wouldn't disintegrate much.
  10. lcdancesport

Yeah I'm not really sure, I'd have to ask. Maybe if you let it go all day it would be alright, otherwise cut up the porkchops if you don't have too much time.
  11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

looks so yummy... gotta say, tho, LCDS... can't imagine microwaving meatballs as opposed to frying them up in some good olive oil... :)
  12. lcdancesport

I agree, I'd do the same, I love my e.v.o.o.!
  13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

and if you put a bit of grated parm and some fresh chopped parsley in those meatballs, it makes a diff, too.

dang... salivating. might have to rustle up some meatballs for dinner one night next week...
  14. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

And pine nuts and raisins, too! Yummm...
  15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ooooo.... niice!
  16. Peaches

Yup. Then fry them in batches in some olive oil, then fry some tomato paste with onions in the olive oil, then add the meatballs back in and roll them around in it. Then put them in the sauce and cook it for a day or two.

They end up practically falling apart, and all pink in the center from the sauce.

...have got to get Mom and Dad up here again soon to show me how to make their sauce...
  17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

oh, i could never bear such a long wait for meatballs... no way! i fry them up in the olive oil, add canned organic tomatoes, simmer for an hour tops, then eat! :D
  18. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

My Italian friends would disagree with you. And some of them are actually Sicilian...
  19. Peaches

All right, that's it. Next time I make some (which is to say, mom and dad come up to help me make some) I'm making extra...and I'm mailing them to you.
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

they will surely be disintegrated by them... you'll have to call it "meat sauce" rather than "meatballs"!