The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by ThisIsNotMe, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Aura

Aura Active Member

It's cool, which is great considering our "winter" temperatures have been up in the 80s at times.
  2. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

cool and sunny
  3. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Hot. REALLY HOT. For this time of year anyway. High of 83 predicted for today. I am now stuck between wanting to get garden things ready and reminding myself that it's only March and we could get a hard frost easily (or even more snow.) Still cleaned the raised beds (my narcissus are blooming!) and started breaking up the plot for the new bird n' butterfly bed. Must..not..unpot...blueberries...yet.
  4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Where you are, I'd hold off for a while. That last blast of winter can ruin everything. Seen it more than a few times, when I lived up north.
  5. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

beautiful sunny day, cool evening
  6. Aura

Aura Active Member

It's been rainy, but it's also been pleasantly sunny.
  7. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

8. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

A cold spell is upon us. Yesterday 40s, today 50. Well the forecast says 70 tomorrow, but then it si supposed to be highs of low 50s until Saturday, and only cross 60 again on Sunday! I guess this is the spring we never had?
  9. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

sunny and cool
  10. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Getting cold now...not good, not good at all!
  11. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

sunny and beautiful
  12. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Recovering from another tornado outbreak in my neck of the woods.

Some hit at night (pretty rare) and while we in this part of the country are no strangers to tornados, night ones are especially dangerous. Several people lost their lives and many homes/businesses damaged or destroyed.

Feeling blessed that my friends/family are all ok.
  13. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Sunny, warm and beautiful. Slight breeze. Perfect.
  14. Sagitta

Temps have dropped a tad from the 90s to 80s and so a lot more enjoyable. :)
  15. Sagitta

Has dried up I think...been having quite a few wet days. We need it as it has been dry this year, but it does mean that I am not outside as much, which I want to be. Planning on enjoying the sunny and dry day. :)
  16. Sagitta

And it became wet and cold once again. Yesterday it was 59 degrees Fahrenheit at 9:30pm at night! Highs were struggling to touch 80. Today is dry and supposed to break the 80 barrier so I'm hoping...
  17. Sagitta

Another perfect hot summer day with a predicted high of 91. I'm enjoying the heat after a few days of cool Fall like low temps. :D

How about you?
  18. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Waiting on a hurricane.
  19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

BTDT It stinks. Stay safe. :)

Overcast here and not as hot. I'll take it. :)
  20. kckc

kckc Active Member

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

Finally got some rain this morning (by rain I mean "very light showers") after 90+ days of no rain, or only sprinkles at best. It is a freakin' desert here, and by here I mean the center of the country where it would actually rain during a normal year (we are about 15" below average). They SAY we are going to get 1-2" later on tonight but I will believe it when I see or hear it.

Speaking of hurricanes, I once rode out a hurricane in Alabama across the
    street from the beach. It had actually been downgraded to a tropical storm, but there really isn't much difference between a strong tropical storm and a weak hurricane. It was interesting to say the least.