The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by ThisIsNotMe, Apr 28, 2008.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

From the national news, at least, it seems that Manhattan is getting back up to speed quite well, but that people in some of the other buroughs and parts of NJ are still really suffering.

To me, it's kinda like that old quote about the economy (Can't remember the quote. Shall google when I have time.) It's something about how one thinks the economy is doing depends on whether one has a good job.

Same deal with these destructive storms, IME. How you think the recovery is coming along depends on whether you have a home and heat. *sigh*
  2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

My prayers with all of you who are suffering once again. Still am lucky, once again, in Central New York, though I am really feeling the cold today. I am sure we all are looking forward to the 50s and 60s coming our way in the next couple days after the storm passes.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

beautiful here in indy, though I hear the wind is bad and it is starting to get nasty at home
  4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Ridiculously beautiful today.. Could go for a week of days just the same, downright balmy!
  5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

We've been quite stormy lately. There've often been skies that are half storm, half clear. Bit like this:

[​IMG]
  6. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

After a few warm and pleasant weather in NY, today all the sudden got chilly and windy and freezing:( temperamental Mother Nature!
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

grey drizzle
  8. pygmalion

Cold front supposedly coming in today. *sigh*
  9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

We get it tomorrow, but WU says our temperatures will be back up by Friday.
  10. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

So nice and warm!
  11. cornutt

Ice. On the deck, on the trees. Not on the road -- yet.
  12. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Lots and lots of lake-effect snow. I'm debating digging out my cross-country skis before it warms up in the sun and gets sticky.
  13. cornutt

I saw where Syracuse was a balmy 7 deg F this afternoon.
  14. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Practically tropical! I was born in Syracuse. :). Oh, the stories my parents have about living there, and in Oswego.
  15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

8 degrees this morning... dammcold for dog-walking, ain't no lie.
  16. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Had a sub-zero cold spell, 10-15 degrees lower than normal. Now? Warming up once again!
  17. pygmalion

Mid-sixties outside right now. Not bad for January 28. :)
  18. Shane Parkins

Shane Parkins New Member

Not sure where you guys are but it's snowing here in the UK! it's been terrible.
  19. pygmalion

A big helllloooo to any DFers who were/are in the path of Nemo. From the Weather Channel, it looks like NY and New England were the worst hit. My heart goes out especially to the people in New York (Staten Island, Long Island) who got trashed by Sandy a few months ago, and are now digging out from under this monster.

I hope all are safe. Check in whenever you can. :)
  20. OreganO

OreganO Member

After Nemo on Friday/Saturday and more snow on Monday, Lewiston, ME was surprisingly nice and sunny today. At this point the snow banks are all above my waist and it looks like a winter wonderland.