The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by ThisIsNotMe, Apr 28, 2008.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Snow in Alabama in March! The daffodils have already bloomed, and the Bradford pears will be blooming in about two weeks.
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I love daffodils.
  3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Wait!! Isn't spring snow supposed to be good fertilizer?
  4. Wannabee

Wannabee Active Member

Absolute devastation in my community. Massive violent tornado hit the metro and absolutely brought with it every worst case scenario. Please pray for the people of Oklahoma. A truly sad and tragic day.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

oh my...just back from the gym...hadn't heard a thing about it
  6. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Dear Wannabee, I am sitting in an airport right now watching the coverage. Truly tragic. Many many prayers coming your way.
  7. Wannabee

Wannabee Active Member

Hi everyone. On behalf of my community, I would like to ask any of my fellow DF'ers to consider donating to the Red Cross or similar relief agencies to aid us as we try to literally pick up the pieces and put our lives back together, at least those of us who are fortunate enough to still have our lives. Many lives were lost and a few will be burying their children in the days to come. I am still overwhelmed and so so thankful that some bystanders pulled my niece and 4 of her coworkers to safety yesterday and that it missed her daughter's daycare by 5 blocks. Amazingly, considering how many friends and family live within a few miles of where the tornado hit, all are alive and accounted for. Homes and belongings didn't fair as well, but those are replaceable.

We are no strangers to tornadoes around here but sometimes, even us weathered folk, realize there is just no way to completely prepare for something this massive and powerful. Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers.
  8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear, Wannabee. I'm relieved to hear your own circle is safe. Such a tragedy.
  9. Aura

Aura Active Member

I will be sure to send my thoughts and prayers for Oklahoma, Wannabee. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a word you can text to a certain address to add ten dollars to the Red Cross, or something similar?
  10. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

numbers

11. fascination

rain...but we needed it
  12. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

99 today and the pool sand filter decides to explode ....

peaachhhyyyyyy:(
  13. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

All thoughts to the safety and well being to those living in the midwest that have been hit by these massive twisters. Feeling for you and sending prayers.
    fascination likes this.
  14. fascination

on the positive side, stuff is growing here like it's the rain forest...I have near to given up on mowing my lawn
  15. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Temps have hit 100 here, gotta go up to the higher elevations if I want to hike.
  16. fascination

pretty here...hope it lasts
  17. cornutt

Wow... seeing lots of red on the convective outlook maps over Illinois and Indiana. Please be careful up there.
  18. cornutt

Watching the football game in Chicago and the fans have been asked to take shelter.
  19. fascination

20. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Supremely cold, I dare say the winter I spent working in Alaska was a touch more friendly (weather wise) than what we've got in Chicago today through this week. I hope everyone in the area is staying warm!