The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by ThisIsNotMe, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Briefly put, Chicago weather sux. One of these years, I WILL rent paddleboards on the beach to make my living. Discount for DFers. Bring dance shoes. And rum.
    dancelvr and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

tequila and it's a deal
    stash and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  3. fascination

tropical rainforest....depressing, wet, yuck
  4. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Steam bath.
  5. CCdance

CCdance Active Member

summer is about to be over ugh:(
  6. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Winter is coming.
  7. fascination

happy to see it go...hasn't been worth a hoot....all rain...scarcely a single hot dry day...a few steam baths, that is all
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM
  8. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

:) Different locations + different measurement standards. Coastal CT, thought the summer was terrific because there was only twice the entire summer that a planned sail had to be cancelled because of the conditions. That has to be a record. (It included standing Monday and Wednesday sailing, so it wasn't just that we planned around the weather forecast.)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM
    fascination likes this.
  9. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I hate hot weather. That's one reason I love the Pacific Northwest so much. However, this year, summer outdid itself. Day after day after day of uncomfortably (for me) warm days. Ugh. I hate sweating while sitting at my laptop!

I'd gladly have traded some of these days for some of your rain, fasc.

****Today, however, was absolutely perfect. Warm, but NOT hot, with a lovely cool breeze blowing through the trees. Bliss.
  10. fascination

ah see...I sweat no matter what and I don't mind heat...but I really am one of those "dry heat" gals...I cannot abide the oppressive steam bath business...fortunately late sept and oct have been beautiful around here so I am hoping thhe rains stop in the next few weeks and I will at least get that...because you are right, if I wanted to live in the rain, I'd move to be near my grandbaby...which is where I'd rather be anyhow....