The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by ThisIsNotMe, Apr 28, 2008.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

going up to a lovely place in traverse city this weekend in fact
  2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Niice. Course, I have no idea where that is. Will have to google...
  3. ThisIsNotMe

ThisIsNotMe New Member

Well, seeing as it hasn't snowed here in a long, long time (I would have been no older than about twelve or thirteen the last time), I think it's fairly notworthy that we've had snow here, twice in two days. Not much snow, and nor did it stay on the ground for long, given that it keeps raining straight after the snow. But still, there you go. Snow, half an hour from the beach, on the East coast of Australia.
  4. QPO

QPO New Member

Well that is good, not much snow around our neck of the woods and with global warming they say there is only about 20 years left of snow fields in Australia. :-(
  5. fascination

6. QPO

QPO New Member

more rain, we are on target to have our wettest July, so everyone is happy
  7. ThisIsNotMe

ThisIsNotMe New Member

Yeah, rainy here too, though that's not saying much for the rain-capital of NSW. It's almost always rainy here.
  8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Interesting observation on my trip to Michigan last week...without exception, every public place I visited -- the hotel, every restaurant, the spa, every corporate site, and every store -- all had very moderate, almost unperceiveable air conditioning.

Unlike New Jersey, where everywhere ranges from fridge to meat locker in temperature.
  9. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Hot! Hot! Hot! Supposed to hit 98 maybe by Friday and break records once again! Second time this year and the really hot part of summer is not supposed to be until August and early September!
  10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Huh. My experience in these parts is that July's generally the hottest and the most likely to see 100+ indices...August is wettest...September ushers in the change.
  11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Nice hottish summer morning. Not steamy as yet.
  12. fascination

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

the heat and sun felt so gooood when i went out for lunch. warms my AC-frozen bones...
  14. fascination

lovely...unfortunately I feel my allergies threatening after pulling weeds at the crack of dawn...dangit
  15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

You sound like my mom, getting up early to pull weeds, lol. I so did not inherit that trait...
  16. fascination

not really a defining characteristic...they were about to make their way into the house and wrap around our necks and put an end to all of us... ;)
  17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Ha!

Tch...hasn't yet inspired me over here... ;)
  18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Wow, it's gonna be a steamer today. Just raced outside to get the garbage to the curb in time (yay...just!) At 8:30 its already approaching oppressive.
  19. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Here, too. Apparently all weekend. Guess we'll be beachbound. And moviebound.
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I shall be compbound. :)