The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by ThisIsNotMe, Apr 28, 2008.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Hey -- good luck with it, malakawa. Hunker down!
  2. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

;)

thank god that we have a full fridge. now it is ok. it is raining, but normal. let's see how it will be during the night.
  3. QPO

QPO New Member

It was warm in Queensland and back to the cold where I am, but it does look green
  4. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

hm, only i can say is that this was a tropical storm, not a hurricane.

just a little bit rain and that's it.

if this is a hurricane, i have them in croatia.

when bora is blowing, your flying. ;)
  5. mamboqueen

Speaking of Croatia....my boss gets Departure Magazine and there was a long article in it about Croatia...mostly the islands. Is it Hvar? Would love to visit, but would set me back about a year's worth of lessons. Looks gorgeous.
  6. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

To visit Croatia's island the best time is in middle or end of September. It is still hot, but not that much as in June,July and August. Also during the summer prices are really high. Because it is a season.

And all our islands and coast cities are full of people. it is crowded.

If you'll ever go to Croatia, send me a message.
  7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wow, going down to 50 degrees tonite. very nice...
  8. QPO

QPO New Member

Well the cold weather is still going, this is the longest run we have had, started in June and nearly the end of August. But one good thing it is the wettest August we have had in a long time, and we need way more rain :)
  9. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

I am already sick of rain.

i hope that this weather will end soon.

what is interesting that our neighbors (2 doors from the studio) have ducks as a pet (4 ducks and 4 baby ducks)

each time they are in the back yard it is going to be sunny, when you don't see them it is going to rain. :raisebro: what a smart animal, but so ugly. :cool:
  10. mamboqueen

well, I hope it stops soon, too -- because your weather will be ours next week :(. We have had a rather unusual rainy season this year. Almanac says it's going to be a cold winter, too. I think the oil companies put them up to that!
  11. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

uh.

I don't have winter over here. :p
  12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Did you see the recent forecast that, due to solar inactivity, a "mini ice age" is predicted in 10 years, lasting 80-90 yrs?

So much for global warming...
    ;)
  13. mamboqueen

sure, rub it in!! Okay; I'll have to come down there. I'll dance with Slavik. On second thought, I just read that there are alligators in the streets down there after this storm. The only alligators I like are the ones with 3" heels.

Great. Something to look forward to. Bleh!
  14. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

No problem. You'll be my guest. I'll borrow you Slavik. :cool:

Ooooo, i like the alligator with 3" heel, too.

hm, I haven't seen them on the streets. Neither one it this 6 months that i am here.
  15. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Too cold. Make the cold go away!

*shivers*
  16. QPO

QPO New Member

I am with you it has been cold way to long!:(

17. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

it is raining, again, but it is so hot. :-?
  18. Lioness

The sun came out for maybe 1/2 an hour this morning, but then it ran away again.
  19. QPO

QPO New Member

I think we are just going to have this cold weather forever, but saying so, once summer is here we will be hoping for these days back!
  20. Lioness

Yes, that's true. I like the in between seasons though. not too hot, not too cold.